8

"There you go, love." John says as he lays out the blanket on the couch, smiling at Paul once it's flat. "You're all set. Is there anything ye need? A cuppa tea? Scones?"

Paul shook his head. "No." he then made his way over to the freshly-made sofa and sat down on the edge of it; leaning back as he popped his back.

    "Thank you again for letting me stay here," Paul said. "I didn't think anyone would want me staying at their place. Ringo is nice, but sometimes I get the feeling that George doesn't particularly like me."

   John shrugged. "It happens, mate." he then wrapped his arms around Paul's chest, pecking him on the cheek. "I like you though."

  Paul smiled. "Yay, I'm liked!"

John chuckled, then removed himself from the younger lad. "I'm going to bed," he said after a moment.

   The doe-eyed lad nodded. "Okay."

"Goodnight, Paul."

    Paul shimmied himself into the blanket. "Goodnight John. Sleep well."

   With that, John turned on his heel and quietly closed the door behind himself. He undressed and got into bed.

   Yes, John Lennon slept naked.

As soon as Paul heard the door close, he laid his head back on the goose-feathered pillow and let his dreams take over.

-----------------------

      It was quiet. Paul walked into the abandoned house and found numorous portraits sprawled out on the wall; each containing a story to tell.

           For some reason, Paul was growing scared. He's been in this house before. It was his childhood home, the home that in which his mother had passed away in. He heard footsteps, they were coming closer and closer.

"Paul. . ."

The young lad looked back to see a dark figure approach him. Paul wanted to run, but for some reason, his feet could not move. It was as if they were nailed to the ground.

"Go to her room." The figure says, causing Paul to shiver. The young lad felt his entire body turn at a 360-degree angle.

    When he found himself turning to the area where his mother had slept in, Paul felt his heart stop.

    Lying on the bed, covered in blood from head to toe, was his mother. She had been killed.

   And Paul was next.

"Ah!" Paul sat up from his lain position and panted breathlessly. Sweat was pouring down his forehead, back, arms and legs as he tried to collect himself. The dream felt real---almost too real.

    John sat up abruptly, hearing his little boy's cries. He got out of bed and got dressed as he struggled to pull the door open. Once he managed to breathe and use his brain, he opened the door and raced out into the living room; worry written all over his face.

   "What's going on, love?" John asked, sitting at the edge of the sofa, placing a hand on his shoulder. Paul tensed up a bit, as he was still recovering from the horrifying nightmare. "Are ye hurt? What's wrong?"

"I--" Paul gulped, tearing up a big. "I had a bad dream." He sounded like he was five. It didn't bother the older man. All he wanted to do was hold him; make the doe-eyed lad feel safe and protected.

    John pulled Paul closer to him, letting the raven-haired lad's cheek rest on his shoulder as the auburn-haired man rubbed his back with his hand going up and down slowly.

   "What was it about, darling?" John asked in a hushed tone.

   Paul sniffled. "My mum was killed and the person who killed her wanted to kill me." he furrowed his eyebrows as he cried. "I don't want to die!"

    John sighed quietly. He rested his chin on Paul's head and continued to hold his companion. If only he could stop the pain, he would---because that's who John was.

   "Sh," John cooed. "You're not going to die. Not for a long time, anyway."

    Paul continued to cry; light whimpers leaving his lips. "The sad part about it all is that my mother did die by someone stabbing 'er in the chest. She was murdered John."

   John felt his heart sink. "I'm sorry, Paulie."

Paul closed his eyes and sighed. "If only I could have saved her."

    The older man stroked Paul's hair and rocked him comfortingly; trying to comfort him in any way he could.

   "It's alright, darling." John cooed. "Daddy's got you."

-

cover credit goes to Circesedits .
thank you for making it for me.
more will be up soon.
vote & comment.

                    - Valerie.