16

". . . Money's on the table." The man said as he stood up and buttoned his shirt. "You did good, although I've had better." he put on his jeans and zipped them up; leaving his shoes for the last thing he had to put on.

   Paul sat on the left side of the bed, feeling hurt. He knew this was just casual sex, but he still craved affection. He had it, and that was with John. But, like everything good he got handed to him in life, he ruined the potential of an everlasting love.

"Oh," was all that Paul could say. "Was it good at least?"

Mick scoffed, getting up from the bed of the hotel room and grabbed his keys. "It was just sex," he replied. "it wasn't like it was food or a test. Sex is sex. That's all there is to it."

   With that, he grabbed his coat and slipped it on; staring at the hot mess sitting up shirtless with his hair damp and messy on the left side of the bed. "Don't bother calling me. If we ever do this again it'll be on my terms."

   Paul's heart sunk. He knew that this is how it would end. Before he could look up at Mick and nod, the man shut the door behind him. And just like that, he was gone.

The doe-eyed lad slumped down on his back and sighed as he turned on his left side, staring at the lit lamp in front of him.

   He finally knew how it felt to not be loved. He finally understood why that auburn-haired real-estate agent did those things for him --- it was because he cared.

Paul needed John.

And with need, comes the desire of affection and love. And that's what Paul needed.

Love.

-

   going on another hiatus. I'm going through some stuff and i don't think writing right now is the best solution. if i happen to update, please don't rush me to post another chapter. i need to take time. please understand that.

i am sorry that the chapter isn't as lengthy as the others, it's late out here in california so my brain is a bit out of it. the next time i update, the chapters will be longer.

if you liked this, please let me know.
vote & comment.

- Valerie.