ROOMMATES [3]

I contacted my boyfriend, Zeke and waited for him to pick up. After three rings, he answered.

"Hey babe." 

"Hi Zeke!" I smiled, hearing his voice. Zeke has been my boyfriend for over a year already and he's actually my childhood friend, ever since diaper days! We grew up together and we ended up having the same feelings for each other and he asked me out on my birthday. I was extremely happy and of course I accepted.

"So how's it going there?" He asked.

"Everything's good. Settled in with bags unpacked, a dorm and scheds. So far, it's fine. Except the fact that my roomie isn't what you expect you know?" I responded.

"What do you mean?" He asked again, this time more serious.

"Uhmm, my roommate is... a guy." I trailed off. There has been a silent pause for quite a while and I thought he hung up or something but he didn't.

"I'm coming there at lunch " he said and hung up. I sighed, expecting this. Zeke was the type to be kinda  protective but not over. When I used to get bullied, he helped me up, cleaned my face off of the poured flour, he was always there for me and I guess it became a habit.

I pocketed my phone, headed straight for my dorm room again just to remember how stupid I am.

I left the key inside.

Shit.

 I sighed, ran a hand through my hair and knocked twice. The doorknob rattled and it was pulled open.

"Oh you" he said in a bored tone and left the door open for me to enter.

I entered the room, placed my shoes aside leaving me in socks and shut the door.

"So, how was the talk with your 'boyfriend' ?" he questioned. Okay.... Curious?

"Eh, it's fine. He'll be coming later to visit at lunch so yeah." I replied and sat on my bed. I bounced slightly causing a box I didn't happen to see before I sat down, fell to the floor. It opened, the contents scattering all over the place. I rushed over to the side of the bed just for me to get pushed back by the 'dude'.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he asked, pissed. He knelt down, hurriedly picked up the items which I caught a glimpse of watercolors. 

He does art?

I ignore his snarky comment, muttered a silent apology and stood up from the ground, dusted my butt and walked towards my cabinet to grab a jacket.

"I'll be out. See ya" I said and left the room with my dorm key, car key, wallet and phone. I stuffed them in my jacket's pockets and as well as my pant's pockets and headed out. The air was chilly but not too cold but I loved hoodies and all of my jacket's are hoodies. 

I headed out of the campus, straight to the parking lot and got in my car. I inserted the key, twisted to forward and the engine started. I adjusted the gears, stepped on the gas and drove my way out of the parking lot and out for some take out. 

It was 10:43 am and I was craving for McDonald's, I turned to the right, right into the drive thru and said my order through the speaker.

"Burger McDo, Large fries and coke."

The speaker went off and the line moved forward. I followed, patiently waited and finally arrived at the window. The girl handed me my order and I happily accepted it with a smile. She smiled back and went back inside as soon as I started to leave. I placed the burger on the passenger seat as well as the drink and carefully drove out of the path so others may move as well.