ROOMMATES [28] ; FINAL

Shortest chapter I've ever written and the last chapter of Roommates. Thank you for reading this book. Though I don't update constantly, you were there to read my books and I'm grateful. Stay on the NaLu ship though, i've got other books in mind.

Hearing Natsu's voice was like a soft melody ringing in my ears, a gentle lullaby. I deeply missed the way his hand touched my skin, making me feel hot. 

I missed his the feeling of his hair, tangled between my fingers. The feeling of his ragged breath against my neck. His soft lips in sync with mine was like a dream that slowly slipped away.

Fluttering my eyes open, I felt a someone squeezing my hand. I blinked, turning my head to see who it was.

My breath hitch at him. His head was down, the smooth skin of his cheek against the bed. His eyes were closed, breathing steady and lips slightly parted.

"N-Natsu?" I croaked out, voice raspy and weak. 

Immediately, he snapped his head up and looked at me with wide eyes.

I expected eyes filled with love and adoration only to see shock  and stress. If there was love, it would only be a tiny bit.

I felt the urge to cry, to scream, to lash out. I was tempted to just sit in the corner, away from judgmental eyes.

I slowly pulled my hand away from his grasp, a warm tear sliding down my cheek.

"Who are you?"

I didn't know three words could ruin me. I felt hopeless, not a single hopeful light seeping through the darkness that welcomed me.

Where was the Lucy in me?

I didn't feel like Lucy, in fact, I don't feel human at all. I feel scared, often shaking in fear or the urge to cry overwhelmed me.

I'd lash out almost every time the sight of Natsu's eyes crossed my mind. I'd scream, I'd call for death to come and take me.

I had a blade in hand, ready to take my life for the man I love was no more.

Ian had told me everything.

Amnesia?

Concussion?

Brain damage?

I didn't know what happened but I tuned out when I heard that Natsu had hit his head upon fall. Death could've came and swooped him in but no, he lived and forgot about us.

He didn't remember our special moments, the laughter and tears shared.

None.

A few months after, I've stabilized. I pushed out Natsu from my mind after the words came out of the doctor's mouth.

The chances of him remembering will be very little.

I stopped hoping.

I've had enough deaths of my loved ones.

I can't just start over with Natsu when he doesn't remember the ups and downs we've gone through. Whenever I think of staring into his eyes, I recall the horrible moments and I couldn't deal with it. 

sappy. sad. i apologize but not everything turns out happy. i love happy endings but sometimes they're just so unrealistic. not everything happens the way you think it'll turn out.

it's scary.

Thank you for being on this boat. though many of you may not be satisfied with the chapter, some people lose hope but i'm not telling you to give up. 

Lucy lost her parents and then she lost Natsu, the natsu she knows and loves. it's not easy to deal with.

-k.d.