ROOMMATES [26]

Dedicated to @Stormy_Mist101 for helping me with the answer regarding Lucy's parent's death. I srsly forgot a part of my story line. ahaha...

I sit up abruptly, my eyes snapping open and immediately I scan the place.

It definitely did not look like a hospital.

I was sitting on a grass field, trees surrounding the area and beautiful wild flowers. A blonde haired woman stood by the side, wearing a pale pink dress. Her hair silky hair flowed along with the wind and I felt a sudden spark of curiosity within.

It felt like as if someone was telling me I knew her from somewhere.

I stood up only to realize that my legs seemed rather exposed. I looked down on my clothes and my eyes widened like saucers. I was sporting a sundress that I swore on my life never to wear and never to even look at however never had the courage to throw it out.

It was a pretty black dress with pink and red floral designs. It had a sweetheart neckline, exposing a little of my cleavage.

I abruptly stood up and observed that the hem of my skirt reached mid-thigh, a lace trim.

"Where am I?" I whisper, my gaze returning back to the woman who stood still.

Out of curiosity, I walked towards her direction, digging my nails into my palm. I began to feel weak and sweat brimmed my forehead, I felt my whole body increasing in weight like something pulling me down.

I struggled, forcing myself to walk to where she stood. Each step I took, I grew weaker and weaker, my body's energy felt like it was being drained. I panted, heavy breaths drawing out as I dropped on the ground, breathing hard.

Not wanting to give up, I resumed my goal, crawling my way to the woman who did not notice me. She wasn't that far and I knew I would be able to see her face.

But almost immediately, I felt my lungs being squeezed, refraining from any air to circulate properly. I violently coughed, wheezing as I turned my body to lie on my back against the grass. I clutched my chest, tears slowly falling out and streaming down my cheek.

I tilted my head back to see the woman, merely half her face but I could make out that she was smiling.

"Mom.." I whisper before I felt myself slipping away.

I felt light as if I had no worries and I had my freedom. I fluttered my eyelids open and my vision was a blur. Soon I adjusted and noticed I was in a place that I knew would not existed on Earth.

"Lucy, honey." called out a sweet voice.

I spun my head to the direction from where I heard the voice.

I nearly choked. "Mother?"

She gave me a motherly smile before motioning me to come forward into her open arms. I immediately scrambled my way to her and hugged her, wrapping my arms around her as tightly as I could, the thought of her vanishing in my mind.

"M-mom.." I hiccuped, a silent sob escaping my lips as I felt tears brimming.

"Oh sweetie.. I missed you.." she whispers, running her hand up and down my back. "I'm here right now.. I'm here.."

I pulled away, my eyes wet with tears. "Mom, h-how?" 

"Shh... take a deep breath, sweetie." I did.

"Now, we don't have much time. This may be a dream but this is a dream with meaning." she sternly states and I nod, wiping away strayed tears.

"Natsu is doing his very best to help you and you have to listen and understand things. It's complicated, sweetie but just try."