十二

ngl, this gif made me hungry af

»»————- ✼ ————-««

YEONAH pushed through the doors and quickly scans the entire cafeteria for any signs of Taehyung.

Instead, she recognises a mob of hair that belonged to her best friend. Well, actually, they weren't friends anymore. Yeonah catches Sara sending her an eyeroll and Yeonah takes that as a instruction to quickly move along.

She isn't sure why she lets herself get intimidated by someone like Sara, but Yeonah figures that she didn't need anymore drama in her life.

Yeonah isn't one who would eat lunch alone in a busy university cafeteria but she was starving, and she wouldn't have enough time to run out of campus for food if she didn't want to miss her next lecture.

When she gets her tray of food, she mentally gags at the apperance of it. The lasagna on her plate looked as dry as the desert. She sighs, how could people even eat this?

Luckily, she was able to find an empty table near the end of the cafeteria. She shuffles over there quickly, before pulling her phone out. She beings scrolling through Instagram as she stuffs the lasagna into her mouth. Thankfully, it didn't taste as bad as it looked.

But she quickly dismisses the thought as the taste of lasagna grew bland when she stopped at one of the photos on her feed.

In that photo, a man could be seen resting his arm on the woman's shoulder, as they both smiled gleefully, both holding on to cups of Caramel Macchiato.

Yeonah smiles bitterly, she wonders when Taehyung started drinking coffee. She wonders if the girl next to him in the photo was his new girlfriend.

Yeonah hears a tray of food being placed down on the table she was sitting at, and she doesn't mind the stranger much, until he spoke.

"I'm finishing my part for the project."

Yeonah glances up from her phone, quickly exiting the app when she notices Jungkook. She doesn't want him to know that she was staring at Taehyung's picture.

"Oh, yeah. I finished my part as well. I'll mail it to you or something, we can discuss this through mail-" Yeonah suggests, but was quickly cut off by Jungkook.

"We can just meet up and do it. Why bother doing it online?" He murmurs and Yeonah can't help but to frown.

Wasn't Jungkook the one who suggested not seeing each other at all?

"I know what you're thinking," Jungkook starts, "But I really think we should fix our friendship." He states.

Yeonah widens her eyes slightly, mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. She gulps, "Why?"

Jungkook seemed to grow annoyed at this, and he stops picking on his food for a second.

"We were friends before either one of us met Taehyung, I don't think he should be the reason for us to stop being friends." He explains, "I don't know why you decided to hurt Taehyung like that, but I'm willing to believe that you have a good reason for it."

Yeonah's eyes begin to sting at Jungkook's words. She wants to reach over the table and pull him into a bone crushing hug but she knows better than to actually do that. She smiles at Jungkook.

"I think we can try being friends again."

Jungkook nods, returning the smile and it reminded Yeonah of how much she missed that bunny smile.

"I know you were staring at that photo, you don't have to hide." He says casually, obviously referring to the picture of Taehyung and the girl.

Yeonah pretends that she doesn't hear what Jungkook says, she didn't want to quite admit the fact that she hasn't completely moved on from Taehyung yet.

"They're dating."

At this point, Yeonah simply couldn't continue keeping a poker face. She flinches, "I don't care."

Jungkook nods, not buying what Yeonah had just claimed. "I'm not sure why Taehyung is doing this, I've never even heard him talk about this girl." Jungkook complains quietly, still stuffing lasagna into his mouth.

Yeonah smiles bitterly once more, quite surprised at the fact that Jungkook had already started talking to her casually again. But she was happy, she was happy to revive her friendship with one of the people she cared about.

"Do you think we could have those Iron Man movie marathons again?" Jungkook asks.

Yeonah smiles.