十四

»»————- ✼ ————-««

»»————- ✼ ————-««

Yeonah taps her feet impatiently as she threw gazes around the cinema. The fact that she was holding on to a large popcorn bowl wasn't helping either. Her arms were growing tired and she really just wanted to sit down and place the bowl of popcorn down on her lap.

Jungkook, on the other hand, had a fairly visible worried expression painted on his face. His hands reached for his forehead as he wiped off the sweat that was rolling down his face.

"Are you going to tell me why we are standing here instead of going in?" Yeonah interrogates, one of her brows lifting in the process.

Jungkook flinches at her question, and Yeonah sends him a questioning look. 

"I-uh," Jungkook stammers, "We're waiting for someone."

At this point, the frown on Yeonah's face were as clear as grooves and lines on a tree's bark. They have been standing outside the theater for 20 minutes now, and they probably already missed the first 5 minutes of the movie.

"Who?" Yeonah cocks her head to the side, awaiting for Jungkook's answer.

Jungkook doesn't get a chance to answer as a ear-deafening scream caught their attention. The pair directs their gaze towards the entrance of the cinema.

"Sorry we're late!" A girl with short hair chirps.

Yeonah plants an expression of confusion and bewilderment on her face - it was amazing how such a petite girl could grab the attention of everyone in the cinema.

But when Yeonah glances at the man next to him, her face falls and she immediately diverts her gaze towards the popcorn she was holding in her hands. With a little thinking, she remembers where she had first seen the girl.

"Oh? You must be Jungkook's friend!" The girl mentions before continuing, "Or girlfriend?" She giggles.

Yeonah hears Taehyung choke on his drink, before he bursts into a coughing fit.

"Jimin will join us after the movie." Taehyung adds. Yeonah gulps nervously at the thought of spending time with her ex and his friends again.

Jungkook laughs nervously before quickly directing the couple into the theater. He didn't want to miss any more of the movie, after all.

In the theater, Yeonah somehow ends up being squashed between the two males. At a certain point, she notices that neither of them were paying attention to the movie.

Both of them seemed to having an ultimate stare-down. Yeonah wonders how they managed to do that, considering the fact that they were enclosed in a dark cinema.

Concerned, Yeonah taps Jungkook's lightly, successful in snatching his attention.

"What's wrong?" She whispers, and from the corner of her eyes, she notices Taehyung look away as well, diverting his attention back to the screen.

Jungkook shakes his head, his hands reaching for Yeonah's. His large hands envelopes her smaller ones, and he squeezes her hand as a form of reassurance.

When the movie came to end, Yeonah only thought of running away from Taehyung, she wanted to go home. However, Jihyun clearly had other plans.

"Come on, Jimin is waiting anyway. It'll be better for all of us to go together." Jihyun pushes, and Jungkook sends Yeonah a worried look.

Yeonah eventually nods her hesitantly and she notices Taehyung grimace from the corner of her eyes. She knows that both of them won't be enjoying dinner later, and she prays that Jimin wouldn't say anything.

»»————- ✼ ————-««

"Yeonah?" Jimin gapes, and Yeonah mentally slaps herself. Of course Jimin would say something.

Jihyun raises her eyebrow, spiralling into confusion. "How do you know her?"

Jimin was about to open his mouth to answer again until Taehyung slaps his back, sending him a slight shake of the head.

Jimin smiles, "Jungkook introduced me to her yesterday." He plays it off.

Upon sitting in the restaurant, the tension was worsening but of course, only Jihyun didn't catch on.

At this point, Yeonah was almost suffocating. She shuts her eyes close, taking a few deep breaths before quickly excusing herself from the group.

Taehyung, on the other hand, was panicking heavily as well. He knows that he shouldn't blame Jungkook for being friends with Yeonah. After all, they had been friends since they were in diapers.

He contacts the first person he could think of.

TAEHYUNG!
nara

TAEHYUNG!
i know this is sudden
i'm sorry for blocking you but

TAEHYUNG!
you're the only person i could think of

TAEHYUNG!
yeonah, she's here

TAEHYUNG tries to ignore Yeonah's phone that was constantly vibrating against the hard wood of the table. The others seemed to engrossed in their conversation so they don't notice.

However, curiousity got the better of him and he finds himself bending forward, to look at the notifications popping on her screen. But before he could look at the notification, a pair of hand snatched it out of his view.

Taehyung snaps his head up, and Yeonah greets him with a smile.

"Let's not get too curious now, okay?" She says, and Taehyung replies with an eye roll.

»»————- ✼ ————-««
wink wonk