二十三

»»————- ✼ ————-««

»»————- ✼ ————-««

YEONAH doesn't appreciate the sound of nails scratching themselves against the school's metal lockers. But the noise doesn't seem to stop and it starts ringing in her ears before she finally locates the source of the unpleasant sound.

"Aera," Yeonah feels her breath hitch as she remembers where she last saw the girl.

Aera has a playful glint in her eyes as she twirled a stray hair around her index finger. She smirks knowingly, "Yeonah, Taehyung's girlfriend."

Yeonah hates the way Aera says her boyfriend's name. It rolls of her tongue so easily like she says it all the time.

"That is who I am," Yeonah sighs, trying to not pay much attention to the smaller girl as she diverted her gaze back to her own personal locker.

"Well, you might've to stop calling yourself that. In fact, get used to the term 'Ex-Girlfriend'." Aera says nonchantly and Yeonah doesn't fail to notice her little shoulder shrug.

With a scoff and a roll of the eye, she spins her heel around and comes to face a conceited-looking Aera.

"Excuse me?" Yeonah asks incredously, shoving the rest of her books into the locker harshly before slamming it shut.

The metal door clashes with the locker, causing a loud vibrating noise to echo down the empty hallway.

"Did you not hear me?" Aera smirks, "Or do I have to show you?"

Yeonah feels a deep frown crawling up her face and her eyebrows are tightly knit together as she snatches Aera phone out of her hand.

The taller girl feels her heart drop into the deepest pits of her stomach. The phone is shaking in her right hand and she doesn't blink. Yeonah knows that if she blinks, the tears that she've been fighting to hold back will eventually fall.

With a gulp, she tosses the phone back to Aera. She holds her head high, not wanting to break down entirely in front of the woman who's trying to steal her boyfriend.

"So?" Yeonah asks, successfully masking her sadness.

"You just saw a picture of Taehyung's family with me and that's your reaction?" Aera chuckles, "That's unexpected."

Yeonah shuts her eyes close, desperately fighting back the urge to let her tears flow.

She hates how Taehyung has never once asked Yeonah to meet his family.

She hates how Taehyung has been rejecting her date proposals the past month.

'I'm busy, Yeonah.' He would always say. But in fact, he was out, spending time with Aera.

Yeonah isn't stupid. She doesn't fail to smell the female's perfume lingering on his sweaters every night. She doesn't fail to notice the plethora of messages her boyfriend receives from Aera every single day.

"How did you want me to react?" Yeonah asks, expressionless. She didn't want to talk to Aera anymore. All she wanted to do was to go back home and cry her eyes out.

Aera scoffs, truly taken aback by Yeonah's reaction. "Your boyfriend's parents love me. In fact, they asked me to be their daughter-in-law. But you don't even care?" Aera asks in triumph.

The taller girl simply releases an exasperated sigh and tightens her grip around the tote bag in her hand.

"Fine," Yeonah breathes, "You win, I guess."

Upon arriving at her shared apartmenr, Yeonah throws herself on to the deformed bean bag. She pushes her face into her hands but she doesn't want to cry. She still holds the responsibility of talking to Taehyung about this, and she doesn't want to appear puffy-eyed.

"Babe?" A soft voice whispers and Yeonah feels the hair on her arm stand. A shiver is sent down her spine, lifting her head from her hands, a bitter smile plays on her lips.

"Taehyung, I need to talk to you." She says quickly, not wanting to push the subject any further.

Taehyung has confusion painted all over his face and goes to reach for Yeonah's wrist instinctively. He tightens his grip around her wrist but is startled when the female flicks her wrist back, releasing herself from his grip.

"Let's break up."

»»————- ✼ ————-««

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asks, an obvious frown etched on his face, "Yeonah never changed her number?"

Jungkook rolls his eye, finishing the last spicy rice cake off Taehyung's bowl. "That's why I just said." He says nonchantly with a shrug of the shoulder.

Taehyung closes his eyes shut, finally putting the pieces of the puzzle together. Nara was Yeonah, and Yeonah was Nara.

This is how Nara knew the exact date they broke up. This was why Nara avoided questions about her personal life. This was why Yeonah's phone bustled with notifications whenever he messaged Nara.

Taehyung reaches for his phone in his back pocket, wanting to immediately give Yeonah an earful for lying to him.

She made a fool out of him. This entire time - as he was trying to move on from Yeonah, Yeonah was listening to every single word he said from his heart.

He gulps, remembering telling her about not being able to move on from Yeonah. He groans, planting his face into his hands.

But then, he figures that he shouldn't tell Yeonah any of the information he has just unraveled. He was going to play along with Yeonah's little trick.

He was going to find out why Yeonah was so desperately trying to make Taehyung move on. But most importantly, he was going to find out why the love of his life broke up with him so unexpectedly that one day.

»»————- ✼ ————-««
this is one long ass chapter omg

so to clarify !!! yeonah didn't give
taehyung any reasons why she
wanted to break up & there are
reasons behind taehyung not knowing
what he did wrong rofl

errrr i hope this wasn't confusing
to understand because there is rly
alot of info to process :/ if you guys have
any questions you can always dm me!