十八

»»————- ✼ ————-««

»»————- ✼ ————-««

The weather seemed to match Yeonah's mood that day when the thunders cackled, signaling a downpour. She nestled her face into her arms, crouching over her desk. Lesson was long over and she was the only one left in the classroom. Well – or so she thought.

'It'll be alright,' she hears a voice mumble before the sound of chair scraping against the concrete floor greets her ears. 'I'm here for you.' She hears yet again.

She smiles a little upon hearing his soothing, deep voice. She didn't have to look up to guess who it was. But of course, her sadness was much stronger than the happiness she felt from simply hearing his voice. A tear leaves her eyes, followed by a second, and then, a stream of tears. Yeonah's feels an arm wrap around her body, and she continues to cry into the crook of Taehyung's neck.

It was clear to Taehyung that Yeonah wasn't going to feel better anytime soon. Yeonah's brother was gone, for good. Even though he was definitely not the best brother in the world, Yeonah's was happy. She was happy and satisfied with all the time they had spent together. It was normal for siblings to argue frequently but it wasn't the case for this pair of siblings. They were basically partners-in-crime, causing trouble together.

Yeonah could feel her cellphone vibrating constantly in her pocket, but she simply ignores them. She knows that it was her parents calling. She didn't quite want to come to terms with his death just yet, so she ignores it.

But Yeonah also knew that she couldn't possibly cry forever. She tears away from Taehyung's embrace, straightening her uniform out as she wiped her tears away. She tries her best to muster a smile, 'I should really get going.' She mutters, reaching for her school bag.

But before she could do so, a hand wraps itself around her wrist, pulling her down onto Taehyung's lap again. She widens her eyes, immediately feeling uncomfortable about the fact that she was sitting on his lap. 'What are you doing?' She asks, alarmed.

Taehyung smiles, boldly wrapping his arms around her waist. 'I know your situation isn't the best right now. But I want you to know that I will always be here to wipe those tears away for you, if you let me.' He says in a soft voice.

»»————- flashback end ————-««

Yeonah couldn't stop thinking about the dream she had the previous night, and it was seriously distracting her from the ongoing lecture. She shakes her head, as if the thoughts would disappear if she did that.

But when she stops thinking about the dream, she remembers the words she had said to Taehyung the other day. "Our relationship isn't something worth talking about." The phrase constantly plays in her head like a broken record and it was seriously guilt-tripping her.

She wonders if she should apologize Taehyung. But then, why would she? Taehyung probably didn't want her to talk to him anyway. So, she pushes the idea to the back of her head and carries on with her day.

When the lecture finally ends after two hours of the teacher's endless droning, Yeonah finds herself sluggishly moving towards the door. What she doesn't expect is a certain someone standing outside the door.

She immediately shifts her eyes away, not wanting to meet his eyes.

"Are you avoiding me?" Taehyung snaps, tugging her wrist. She hesitantly turns around, her breath hitching in her throat. She knows that it was the perfect chance for her to apologize but she doesn't. When they are both facing one another, Yeonah doesn't say anything but waits for him to initiate the conversation.

"I broke up with Jihyun," He starts, "And I think that you should be held responsible." He finishes simply. He exhales deeply, signaling that he was probably nervous before saying that.

Yeonah raises her eyebrows. "How is it my fault?" She asks incredulously. Taehyung was now shifting nervously in his own space, fidgeting slightly with his clothes.

"I don't know." He inhales, "I guess it's because I still like you."

»»————- ✼ ————-««
i'm sorry this took longer than expected &&
i'm sorry if it is bad, i just can't word my thoughts properly - ugh