二十四

»»————- ✼ ————-««

»»————- ✼ ————-««

TAEHYUNG!
hey nara

NARA!
taehyung??
i thought i told you to stop
contacting me about you ex...

NARA!
i can't help you

TAEHYUNG!
this isn't about her

TAEHYUNG!
i just wanted to talk to you

NARA!
i don't think that is a good idea taehyung

TAEHYUNG!
huh

TAEHYUNG!
i wonder why

NARA!
i just

NARA!
we didn't meet under favourable
circumstances after all

TAEHYUNG!
really? do you think that way?

TAEHYUNG!
was our first meeting weird to you?

NARA!
what

TAEHYUNG!
we've met before

TAEHYUNG!
haven't we?

TAEHYUNG!
yeonah

YEONAH!
how did you find out..

TAEHYUNG!
does that part matter?

TAEHYUNG!
please meet me

TAEHYUNG!
i don't think i can do this over text

YEONAH!
uhm okay

TAEHYUNG begins to feel a small lump growing in his throat, trying to swallow it away. His methods of appeasing himself fail as he starts to feel tears brimming his eyes. He was soon choking back the tears that were threatening to roll down his cheeks.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go. Taehyung hears himself think. In fact, he was supposed to go along with Yeonah's lie and somehow take revenge.

But the more he thought about his plan, the more he decided that he can't execute it. The mere thought of having to deceive Yeonah was extremely hypocritical to Taehyung.

Eventually, he rises from the comfort of his soft matress and shuffles over to his closet quickly to start preparing for their meeting.

Upon arriving at the cafe they have both agreed to meet at, Taehyung notes the fact that he has arrived before the other. The cafe was a tiny and quaint place, located deep within narrow alleys.

Hence, it was rather empty on a Friday afternoon, with only two other couples occupying the tables. Taehyung settles for a table at the back, not wanting others to hear their conversation.

He crosses his leg after throwing himself onto the soft cushioning, fidgeting nervously with his long and slender fingers. Taehyung decides to use his phone in order to pass time quickly and hopefully, ease his nervousness.

The bell rings from the entrance of the cafe, signalling the arrival of a new customer. The cashier greets her like how she greeted Taehyung, just before he tears his gaze away from the small device in his hands.

The first thing Taehyung sees were Yeonah's deep brown orbs. She was always beautiful, but he decided that she looked extra ethereal on that very day.

Her long hair was tied loosely into a low ponytail, and her hands were tucked tightly into a plaid coat, probably to keep them warm from the cold winter air.

When she meets Taehyung's eyes, she lowers her gaze slightly and makes her way towards the table. With every step she took, her heart pounds.

"It's been long." Yeonah starts, sending Taehyung a small smile, all while pulling her scarf up further.

Taehyung unintentionally lets out a rude scoff, "Not that long, actually."

Yeonah isn't shocked by the other's hostility so she simply nods while she searches her brain for things to say to break the ice between them.

But before she manages to form words, Taehyung beats her to it.

"Why did you break up with me?"

You see, Yeonah has actually been preparing for this very day. She knows exactly how she was going to explain everything, so she doesn't hesitate before spilling the contents.

"Aera." Yeonah simply says, glancing over to the man for his reaction. She expected him to look surprised but only confusion was painted over his face.

"Why are you talking about her?" The man asks with an obvious frown etched on his face.

"Don't act stupid," Yeonah finally gains some confidence, "She's the exact reason why we broke up."

Yeonah doesn't give Taehyung a chance to retaliate as she continues.

"You used to cancel our dates all the time, with the excuse that you needed to study. It doesn't help that everytime, you would come back with the smell of woman's perfume lingering on your body." Yeonah huffs, "You've met my family. But everytime I talk about your family, you change the subject."

The next sentence seems to hit Yeonah a little closer to home, "But when I found out that you've brought Aera to meet your parents, how did you think I would feel?" she asks, with a pained expression.

"Our relationship wasn't stable towards the end either." Yeonah explains, "I don't see why I should have stayed with you if we couldn't even communicate properly as a couple."

Taehyung takes a moment to take in every single word that escapes from Yeonah's mouth. He hates how he is unable to deny any of the claims. He hates how he wasn't able to understand Yeonah's situation, and instead, he only blamed her constantly for the break up.

"I know you may not believe me, but there's nothing between Aera and I." Taehyung states firmly.

Yeonah replies with an eyeroll. She had expected Taehyung to say that anyway.

"Every time I told you I had to study, I wasn't lying at all. Every time I was in the library, Aera always manages to find me." Taehyung explains slowly, "She would cling on to my arm despite my attempts of pushing her off."

He lets out a shaky breath before continuing, "I didn't think she was important. I don't think about her at all. The family-" Taehyung pauses for a little, "Aera was my neighbour since I was young so naturally, my family liked her a lot and invited her over."

"I couldn't introduce you to my family because they were trying to set Aera and I up."

»»————- ✼ ————-««
there's a lot of speech in here for very obvious reasons,,, i hope this chapter was okay, i went through a lot of struggles over this chapter & it took me really long to finalise this chapter ugh

also, i'm now on a semi-hiatus :-( i'll try to update as frequently as possible though !!

&& i do post updates about the status of the story on my message board so do follow me uwu

i hope the chapter wasn't confusing to understand!!!