二十二

»»————- ✼ ————-««

»»————- ✼ ————-««

"OH MY GOD," Taehyung pants, pushing his hair back with his right hand. He is blinking back the tears that are stinging his eyes as he smacks his swollen and sore lips together.

"Momma didn't raise a quitter." He mumbles to himself before confidently picking up another piece of spicy rice cake and shoving it into his mouth.

He is silent for a few seconds and tries to relish the taste before he pants again, quickly reaching for the bottle of water placed next to the bowl of rice cakes.

"Stop eating it, then." Jungkook grumbles, growing increasingly tired of having to watch Taehyung struggling to finish a small bowl of rice cakes.

Taehyung is sweating and his left hand goes to wipe his sweat dry. His head is pounding and at this point, he isn't sure if it hurt because of the spice or the endless worries that he had.

Either way, he wanted to pain to stop.

"Jungkook, give me Yeonah's number." Taehyung states flatly, resting his chopsticks on the table.

Jungkook snap his head up in an instant, sending Taehyung a look of confusion. He doesn't reply immediately and goes to inspect the older's reaction a little more.

"Why?" The younger finally asks after much pondering.

"I'm going to do the project with her." The mocha-haired boy says nonchantly as if he wasn't just having a debate about it in his head.

Jungkook is slightly surprised by Taehyung's sudden declaration but as far as the boy knew, Yeonah didn't have a partner either.

He doesn't push the subject further and he goes to pick up a piece of rice cake from Taehyung's bowl and pops it into his mouth.

"Yeonah didn't change her number though."

Taehyung feels his stomach twist. This time, he is positive that it was because of what his friend had just told him, it wasn't an acidic reaction from the spicy rice cakes. The male just sits there, in complete paralysis without realizing.

"What?" He mutters.

Jungkook frowns, looking up slightly before quickly going back to relishing the spicy delicacy.

"Yeonah still uses the same phone number." Jungkook repeats clearly, "Never changed it."

»»————- ✼ ————-««
told myself that the rewritten chapters
would be better but i feel like i am going
nowhere AGAIN ugh why

next chapter will reveal the full story
of yeonah's breakup with taehyung!
as well as taehyung's reaction to what
jungkook just told him lmao