Chapter 2: The Journey

When we arrived at my house, I got out of the limo. I immediately sprinted to my room and packed all my things. I grabbed a luggage bag and put my clothes inside it. After that, I went to my closet and picked a neon green bag. It was mostly filled with equipment to solve mysteries. After I packed my laptop and all that, I went downstairs to say goodbye to my mother and grabbed some snacks from the kitchen. And then, I went back outside to where the limo was nicely parked at the front curb. When I put my stuff in the trunk (which was already filled with Garry's readily packed stuff), my mother was at the front door of our house.

"Be careful honey!" she said to me.

"Thanks mom, I will" I smiled back at her "love you!"

"Me too darling!"

When I entered the the limo, I chatted with Garry for a while. I also offered him some snacks I brought. "Did you bring the detective gear?" asked Garry. "Of course" I said.

After half an hour, we arrived at our small local airport. There, we went straight to Mr. Caine's private jet. It was white in colour. And on top of that, 'Buy Caine Yachts' was printed on its tail. I smiled, "Shameless advertising" I said to myself "I like it!"

On the airplane, I played with my laptop for a bit. After battling a few dragons and conquering a few galaxies, we arrived at our destination. After grabbing our luggage, we headed out of the airport. Yet again, another limo was waiting for us. On the journey, I took in the beautiful view. The city of Oceania was very pretty at this time of the year.

A few minutes later, we arrived at Mr. Caine's three storey mansion. It was really humongous. The walls were made out of brick. The roof was made out of tiles. The yard was filled with trees. Rose bushes were aligned outside of the mansion. There was also swimming pool waiting for us to swim in it. Inside, the mansion was even more stunning from the inside. The living room was filled with paintings and old antique stuff (P.S Mr. Caine is also an antique collector). A large crystal chandelier hanged itself on the ceiling.

"It's really great to go back here." I said to Garry.

"I know right" he smiled at me "remember that one time when I broke your arm we were playing tag?"

"How could I forget that" I replied "you were the one who pushed me from the stairs. "

"That's right, and I didn't regret anything" he smirked at me.

"Hey!" I punched him on his arm. We laughed.

Then, Mr. Caine approached us, he said, "Well kids, this will be your home for a couple of weeks." He grinned "make yourselves fell at home." "Sebastian" he shouted. Immediately a man who was wearing a suit, came out of the kitchen door. His face was expressionless.

"Yes, sir?" he asked Mr. Caine.

"There you are Sebastian. Help these kids unpack and bring them to the guest rooms." he ordered.

"Of course, sir!" Sebastian replied.

"Who was that grandpa?"asked Garry.

"It's my new butler. Our old one was ill so he had to retire."

Then, Sebastian came in the house with our luggage in his hands. "Are you ready?" He asked us. "Wait!" I said. I approached him and took my neon green bag. "This one's fragile" I smiled. "Very well then, are you ready to go now?" he asked again. "Yes!" Garry and I answered. "Very well then. Follow me."