Chapter 27: Vroom!

Garry was running to the second floor. Before stepping foot, he saw two guards guarding a metal door. "That must be it," he said to himself. A few moments later, all of the lights switched off. Then he heard me say, "Okay team, engage now!". He then put on his night vision goggles. Then, he pulled out his tranquilizer pistol and shot the two guards. They both fell tobthe ground with a 'thud'. He quickly walked up to them and took a key from one of the knocked out guards. He inserted the key to the lock. After he opened it, he couldn't believe what he saw. Four people were held in the rooms. They were really happy when Garry opened the door.

"Grandpa, is that you?" he said to a ragged old man.

"Garry! Help us," he said wearily.

"I will," he said. Suddenly someone placed a hand on his shoulder. Garry stepped out the and twisted the arm. After hearing an 'ow', he realeased Katy.

"I am so sorry! " he suddenly said.

Katy glared at him, "Whatever!" She then rubbed her arm.

"Everybody let's get out. Now!" he ordered. In an instant, everybody got up and exited the room.

Garry was leading everyone from the front while Katy was guarding everyone from behind. After that, they reached the entrance.

"Alpha, there's someone coming," said
Purple Hawk.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" I whispered.

"I was posting something on Instagram," replied Hawk.

Garry rolled his eyes, "Alpha, you there?" Garry said to his comms, "Epsilon and I are about to leave the building. Do you need assistance?"

"Negative. Don't compromise the mission. Make sure that all of the caotives are all safe. I'll think of something."

But, before leaving the building, someone appeared in front of them, holding a metal rod. Garry let out a gulp. Everyone then walked back slowly.

Garry, stupidly, picked up a metal rod laying on the cold tile. He held the rod firmly and pointed it to his opponent.

"Run, I got this," he said to the others.

"Gamma, don't be stupid!" Katy told her.

"I'll be fine. Besides, I know a thing or two about lightsabers."

"Garry. Stop this instant," Mr Caine ordered. "Do you want to die?"

Garry stared at Katy's eyes. She met his stare. "Epsilon. I mean Katy. Trust me."

After a quick nod, she pulled Mr Caine and everyone else away and led them to the back entrance of the old building.

"Playing hero eh?" said the guy.

"You bet I am!" he smirked.

"And I thought heroes always win," replied the guy with an annoying tone.

"And I always thought villains were stupid," he crossed his arms.

The guy froze, "What do you mean?"

"Always guard your back," Garry pointed to the door behind the guy. Immediately, a black van smashed to the double doors and hit the poor guy. The guy collapsed to the floor hile uttering a curse word. Fortunately, the person who drove the van, me, didn't kill the guy.

Garry looked at me, "Nice timing!"

"Yeah, it's a miracle I didn't hit you!" I replied. Suddenly, the rear doors of the van opened. "Garry, inside, now!" ordered Katy. After Garry entered the van, Zuku drove the van to the Katy Cave. I didn't drive it cause I don't have a drivers licence, though I drove it to the door fairly good.

During the car ride, nobody talked. Everyone, mostly the escapees, didn't talk. They were traumatized. I and I felt sorry for them. But, the most important thing is that they are safe. My mother smiled at me. I smiled back.

Twenty minutes later, we arrived at the sanctuary, better known as the Katy Cave.

"We should be safe here," said Katy.

After we cleaned ourselves up, Katy, Garry and I made tea. I poured it to a cup and gave it to my mother.

"Thanks, sweetheart," she looked at me.

I sat next to her, "You're welcome." I held her hands firmly, "Mom, are you all right?"

She gave out a sniff, "I'm so glad you're okay, Kallus!"

"I'm so glad you're still breathing. I was really worried."

"No need to worry, Kallus. I'll guarantee you that I'll be there, no matter what happens. I promise," she told me.