Chapter 16: Investigation

I went outside the coffee house. People were all over the place. A few ambulances were parked to the side. The authorities were talking to the people. A couple of paramedics were pulling a stretcher with a large white cloth covering a body; the criminal who was shot by one of the policemen. His companion, who killed detective Stacy's fiancee, was awake and safely handcuffed inside a patrol car. Detective Stacy was outside the car. I approached her.

"Have you seen Garry anywhere?" I asked her.

"No," she answered, "What did he do?"

"Girl problems," I said.

"Typical boys!" she laughed.

"Oh yeah," I laughed.

After saying goodbye to her, I searched for Garry. After a few minutes, I saw him sitting on a bench in a nearby park. He was eating a hotdog. I grinned. Eating was his solution for everything, reminds me of this comic book character named Jughead. Eats a lot, doesn't gain any weight. Anyways, I ran to him.

"Yo, I was searching all over for you!" I said.

"Sorry," He said.

I sat beside him, "You left her crying, you know. You didn't have to be an absolute-"

"Just stop, okay!" he ordered, "This is a hard time for me."

"I know, but you can't just say that to her," I pointed out.

He didn't respond.

I stood up, "Are you coming?"

"Where?"

"Investigation. We also have to tell your grandfather about the shooting," I said.

"We can't go to the house. The police are still investigating," he told me.

"We can stay in Mr Caine's RV," I said.

Garry smiled, "Well, in that case, I coming!"

I smiled. Then, we walked back to the mansion. The police were still there, working all night. Even the news reporters slept under trees. Luckily, the news helicopter was already gone. Mr Caine was still in the garden, accompanied by Anton. Fortunately, Sebastian is gone. We went to them and told everything about what happened in the coffee house. They almost fainted.

"Are you okay?" asked Mr Caine. He looked very concerned.

"Yes, we are," replied Garry.

Mr Caine hugged both of us, "Thank god!"

He let go of us. Then, Garry asked him, "Can we hang out in your RV?"

"Of course," he said, "The keys are in the house. Be careful taking them."

"Thanks, we will," I assured him.

Luckily, there wasn't a policeman guarding the front entrance. Swiftly, we acquired the key and went out. They went to the garage and entered the large RV.

It was really cool. It was basically a house, packed inside a large bus. I placed my bag on the table and sat down on a chair. Garry sat opposite to me.

"Let's do this," I smiled.