Chapter 8: The Big Hall

The guy brought us to a reception counter. He, whom I guessed was the librarian, told us to sign a ledger. He handed Garry a pen. Garry signed it.

I peeked over his shoulder, "Is that your signature??!!" I asked, horrified, "you can't even read it." I laughed. (To be fair, it was rubbish but hey, who am I to judge!)

Garry let out a sigh. Then he whispered, "Stop criticising me, you uneducated-"

The guy interrupted him, "After you sign, you can start reading books," said the receptionist/librarian. "If you need any help, you may ask our new intern, Sakuto." he smiled.

"Sakuto! Come here now!" he shouted.

Immediately, a thin, tall guy was running towards the librarian. "Yes, Mr Adam?" he said. His arms were full of books. From the looks of it, he looks like he's only a few years older than me and Garry. He was wearing a purple polo shirt with black jeans. His glasses matched with his red sneakers. His hair was neatly combed with gel.

Garry approached him, "Hi there," he said as he shook his hand. "I'm Garry and this is my friend Kallus," he pointed his finger to me. I smiled to Sakuto.

"Do you guys need any help?" he said.

"Sure," we said.

"Great," he smiled. "Why are you here?"

"Oh, we want information about a stone," I answered.

"An expensive stone," said Garry.

Startled, "Why?" he asked. "Can't you use google?"

I scratched my head, "It's a long story," I told him.

"Cmon, you can tell me on the way. Follow me," he said.

As we walked through the hallways, I explained everything to him. I even showed him my sketching which, he thought was fantastic by the way.

"So, are you telling me that you had a dream about you and Garry going here?" he asked.

"Pretty much," I said.

"Hmmm, I think I know the section you guys are looking for." he told us.

He led us to a large room. On the front entrance of this section, a metal plaque was attached on the door. It said Unknown Mysteries and Mythological Resources. Inside, a huge crystal chandelier hung itself on the ceiling. Books were nicely placed on shelves. In the middle of the room, below the chandelier, tables were nicely arranged. On the middle table, a huge globe was placed.

"Welcome to the UMMR. The is a special section in the library. But I like to call it the Big Hall." said Sakuto.

"Wow," exclaimed Garry.

"You said that right, wow!" I said.

"But why aren't there a lot of people here, or in this entire library?" I asked him.

He gave out a sigh,"There used to be a lot of people coming here. Nowadays, people just stay at home reading e-books or playing Pokemon Go," he explained.

"Oh," said Garry.

"Anyways, I'm gonna get the books you guys need. Find a table and wait there," he told us.

"No problem," beamed Garry.

We saw an empty table. We decided to sit there. We walked past few people. We saw a young couple reading a book. An old man was wiping his glasses. After a few minutes, Sakuto came to the table with the books we wanted.

"Let's read!" he said.