Chapter 23: Police Station

Katy took out her phone and called an uber. While waiting, she served us tea and biscuits. She poured tea into our cups while we ate the Jammy Dodgers she placed on a plate.

While munching on them, I kept thinking about what Katy said. A magical chest with unimaginable power, a staff which holds the location of the chest, and a secret place nobody has ever stepped foot. I was having a headache thinking about it. While Katy was talking to Garry, I took out my journal and added all of the details and clues that Katy has said.

A few minutes later, the car came. It was a white SUV made by a famous company. We entered the white SUV and took a seat in the red leather seats. Katy sat in the passenger seat while Garry and I were sitting in the back seat. Fortunately, Garry just sat quietly and didn't bother to annoy me. Katy was eagerly talking about a new computer processor which was about to release. Surprisingly, the driver listened to her and even asked her what model she was buying. They then started talking about 'overclocking' and all that.

After 10 minutes, we arrived at the police station. It was a huge brick building. Outside, police patrol cars were parked. There were also a few motorbikes. Katy paid the driver as he dropped us at the front entrance. After he left, we entered the police station. We were greeted by a large room. At the middle of the room was a receptionist. We walked to the receptionist and gave her the details. After she told us where Sebastian was, we thanked her and walked away.

"Wait here, I need to go to the toilet," Katy said.

As she took a right at a corner, Garry and I patiently waited on a bench for her.

"So, Garry, do you still like her?" I said.

He gave me a pained look, "I don't know. I don't know what to say or do. The only reason I'm even talking to her is because she can help us with the mystery."

I raised my eyebrows, "So if it was up to you, you would just stop talking to her? "

"Maybe."

"Garry, although she may have hurt you in the past, but you just have to move on. After all, she is your best friend."

"Yeah, was!"

"She may have done something horrible to you but, that doesn't mean she doesn't regret it. Don't you remember all of the fun things the two of you did?"

He ignored my question as he stared at the floor sorrowly.

"Forgive her," I said, "The human life is short. Time is precious. Do not waste any of it."

Then Katy appeared. She looked shocked. Tears were falling on her cheeks.

"Let's go. It's this way." she told us.