Chapter 19: Point Of View

Dear diary,

It has been a few days since the theft at the mansion happened. The thought of it makes my body tingle. I am so sad. My grandfather, Elanor Caine, is really depressed. He hasn't eaten much. He only drinks a few cups of water and maybe eat a salad once in a while. I cannot bear the pain of watching my grandfather suffering. It is now my duty to find the stone and make him the cheery and kind man he once was.

Dear diary,

Kallus and I have a brilliant lead. After examining the crime scene, we have found out that the thief might be someone from the mansion. It's not confirmed, but it is our best shot at finding the thief. The suspects are as follows; Anton and Sebastian.

Dear diary,

Over the course of the last two days, Kallus and I have been spying on Anton and Sebastian respectively. I know it's not good to violate someone's privacy because it's a crime but, we are doing this for the greater good. We don't want anyone to be another target for the thief.

Over the two days, I have been monitoring Sebastian. He's been doing nothing but clean the mansion. Kallus, on the other hand, was having fun trailing Anton in the city. He's a busy man.

Fortunately, today was a fantastic day. Well, not really. Okay, this is how it started. It was a boring afternoon. I was, again, spying Sebastian's every move. Fortunately, he left the house without telling anyone. He looked suspicious. He was wearing a brown trench coat considering the weather outside was boiling hot. More so, he was bringing metal briefcase similar to the stones briefcase. Immediately, I packed my gear and camera and went after him. Thankfully, he just walked to his destination.

Twenty minutes later, he arrived at the docks. I could smell the ocean and feel the ocean breeze hit my face. Then, Sebastian stopped. I carefully hid behind a bush near him. A few minutes later, a sports car came. It was a black old model Nissan GTR. It was the one stolen from Zuku. I immediately took a photo of the car and Sebastian. After that, a person came out of the car. A man, probably in his thirties. He was wearing a brown tweed jacket with elbow patches, a red bow tie, suspenders, and black high ankle boots. He reminds me of The Doctor.*Immediately, Sebastian handed him the metal briefcase.

"Let her go," he said.

The man just looked at him. Then, he slapped him. Sebastian fell to the concrete groun, his palm on his cheeks. The man gave the butler a sly smirk. Then, he raised his voice, "Boys," he announced, "Why don't we teach old Sebastian some manners." Immediately, more than ten people appeared out of nowhere. The were armed with guns. Some of them even had rifles. Most of them looked scary.

He then looked at Sebastian, "You see, I don't take orders from you. I only take them from my boss,"

Poor old Sebastian just lied down helplessly. Surprisingly, he stood back up as he said, "You promised...you promised that if I do this you will let her go!" he shouted.

"Well," the man said, "it's called business!" he pointed his gun towards Sebastian.

And then, I saw something amazing happened. Something unexpected. Before the thug had the chance to pull the trigger, Sebastian disarmed him and took his gun. While he was doing that, the man was headlocked by Sebastian using his left arm while his right arm pointed at the other thugs. You know, for a criminal, the guy had no skill at all!

"Drop your weapons! You shoot me, he dies. If you let me escape, just maybe, I will let him go. Its your choice. You have one minute!" he told the others.

"Drop your weapons!" the man told his hencmens. Feeling obliged, they droped their weapons. As they did that, Sebastian slowly walked back, still pointing a gun to the thug.

Unfortunately, the police came thanks to me. Five patrol cars arrived. I looked at the police. Detective Stacy was not there. I guess she has some other case to do. A few minutes later, they surrounded the whole area. Everybody was handcuffed, including Sebastian.

They talked to me, of course. In the end, they thanked me and went to the station. Immediately, I received a text from Kallus. He told me that something happened. Then, I told him what happened to me. We decided to meet at the rendezvous point.