Chapter 9: Finally!

After he placed the enormous, thick books on the table, he sat down on the chair right beside me. But, as he walked towards the chair, he accidentally stepped on his shoelace and fell down. Ouch! He face-planted on the peach carpet. His red glasses fell down with him.

Garry and I got up and went to him. "I'm okay," he said, as he stood up. I picked up his glasses then handed it back to the owner. "Thanks," he nodded. "I'm really clumsy," he said."It's okay man," said Garry.

As we sat back down to our seats, people were watching us, laughing. "Loser!" said one the people. As any good person would do, Sakuto ignored them.

"Ok," said Garry, "What books did you bring to us?" he asked.

He pulled a book out the stack. It was large, thick, and leather bounded. It almost resembled the journals from Gravity Falls. There was nothing on the cover except for the words. The spine was almost broken. As Sakuto opened the book, an odd smell filled our nostrils. All of us gave a sour face.

After 10 agonising minutes, nothing. We found nothing! We searched the next book. Still nothing. And then the next. Again, nothing.

It was when we were in the seventh book that we heard a noise. It was coming from our bellies. We were starving. It was lunch time.

"Is there a cafeteria in this library?" I asked.

"Yes," replied Sakuto, "let's head there. Just leave the books. No one will disturb them."

We went to the cafeteria which was on the other side of the library. I ordered a plate of mac and cheese. After we finished eating, we headed back.

We continued for like hours. We were glad Sakuto was helping us. It was almost 8 pm.

"When does the library close?" I asked Sakuto.

"2 more hours," he checked his wristwatch.

"Aw man! We literally spent a day trying to find information. The only useful book I found was about baking! How daheck was that book in this section!!!???" complained Garry.

The hours past. We were the only ones in the library. The librarian gave us permission to stay the night which, took Sakuto a lot of begging. Garry texted his grandfather that we were going to be home late.

It was already past midnight when we decided we were going to go home. Then, we found something from a very old handwritten book. It was about a magical rock that came from Borneo. A picture of the red gem was ontop of the page. Below, there were writings. We carefully read it carefully. It says that the British found them. It didn't state what year, though. But, the one thing that surprised me was that the writings I saw on the stone were written in the book.

"Finally!" I said. I was really happy that we found something.

I took a picture of everything with my phone. Suddenly, we heard a notification from Garry's phone. He checked it.

His eyes widened,"Umm, guys! Take a look at this!" he showed us his phone screen. On the display was a text message from Mr Caine. It read:

"EMERGENCY, COME HERE NOW! A.S.A.P!!!!!!!!"