Chapter 18: Spying

I was walking behind him silently. This is the third day that I've been spying on Anton. He's been doing nothing but buy groceries, get coffee then go back to the mansion. I have been taking pictures, though. One of him taking a pack salted chips. Another one is him petting a dog at the park. It has been a boring past few days. I feel bad for spying on Anton. In fact, I feel bad for even spying on someone. I know Anton is a good person, but this is for the greater good.

I was following him for a few minutes until he stopped in front of a butcher shop. Then, he entered the glass door. I waited for him to come out. Five minutes has passed. Nothing. Ten minutes, nothing. Then, another few minutes passed. He still didn't come out. I couldn't stand it. Due to my high anxiousness, I walked to the glass door.

As I was reaching the door knob, a person went flying from inside the shop. He crashed on the glass display and shattered glass everywhere. He was lying on the concrete outside.

"Oh my god!" I said to myself. My hands were trembling with fear.

Blood was splattered everywhere. People nearby were gasping in horror as they saw the man in pain. Soon, more people came to the scene. Mostly a lot of them were taking pictures instead of helping. Typical. What has the world become to.

Thankfully, some people had the heart, including me, to call an ambulance. It took three minutes to arrive. As the paramedics arrived, the pushed themselves through the crowd and helped the man. The police came to. They told us to go back and that it is a crime scene.

As I walked back, I looked for Anton. I searched the area for like, ten minutes. He just vanished. He wasn't anywhere to be found. After giving up, I walked to a small diner nearby. As I entered the door, the smell of hot food hit my face. I took a seat in a booth. Then, I ordered pancakes and coffee. A few minutes later, the waiter brought my food to the table. As I was eating, I texted Garry. He, on the other hand, was following Sebastian. I told him everything that happened. Then, he told me he had found something.