Chapter 10: Car Struggles

We froze. The atmosphere became silent. I was the one who spoke first, "What does he mean?" I said, worried. Garry put his phone in his trouser's pocket. Then he looked at me, his eyes filled with worry and fear.

"How do we get back?" he said.

"We can't take a cab or Uber because it may take a long time," I said.

"Let me help. I have a car parked outside in the parking lot," offered Sakuto.

"We can't thank you enough Sakuto," replied Garry.

"Hey," he looked at us, "no problem man. And by the way, you can call me Zuku," he smiled.

"Zuku?" I asked.

"It's a long story," he laughed.

Instantly, all of us packed our stuff. After we were finished, Zuku ordered us to follow him. We left The Big Hall and went outside, to the huge parking lot. The huge parking lot was empty, though. Zuku scanned the parking lot as if he's an eagle finding its prey but he's obviously searching for his car. He frowned. Then he looked at us. His eyes were trembling. "My car is gone!"

My mouth was hanging, "What?!"

"We should call the police," Garry pointed out.

Zuku just stood there. His eyes were fixed on the place where he parked his car. I approached him. I tapped his shoulder, "Zuku?" I said, concerned.

He quickly looked at me and Garry, "Oh, sorry."

"We're going to call the police," I explained.

"Sure, let me talk to them," he responded as he took out his phone. A few seconds later, he was on the phone talking with the police. A few minutes later, he ended the call.

"They're on their way," he said. Then he sat down on the ground. We sat down with him.

"My car. My dream car. Gone! It was an old model Nissan Gtr. I saved up a lot of money to buy that thing." he said. I could see that his eyes were filled with sadness, anger and depression.

"I'm sorry man," I said.

After a few minutes of silence, we heard sirens. The police arrived. They got out of the patrol car and asked us, "A mister Sakuto Minami has reported a stolen car. Where is he?"

Zuku (Sakuto, whatever.) walked up to them. After he explained everything to them, they made a report.

"This is the second theft of the night," said the female officer.

"Where was the first one?" asked Garry.

"It was on the other side of the city. Do you know one Elanor Caine? Someone broke into his house and stole a new piece from his collection of old artifacts," said the other officer.

Garry and I were stuck in our tracks. We were trembling. Zuku realized.

"Do you know him?" he asked us wearily.

"Yes," replied Garry, "he's my uncle."