Chapter 4: Guests

"Sebastian!" said Mr. Caine. Sebastian came from the stairs, to the living room. Mr. Caine was very angry. "Where were you? You're suppose to open the door!"

"I am very sorry, Mr. Caine." he apologized.

Mr. Caine let a little sigh. "Tell Anton to make tea for the guests. Chamomile tea that is." he told him.

"Very well, sir." he walked to the kitchen.

In the kitchen, we overheard Sebastian talking to Anton.

"That man drives me crazy sometimes!" he said to Anton.

"Well, it was kind of your job. He pays you, you do know that right?" reasoned Anton.

Sebastian rolled his eyes, "That man doesn't even pay me enough to feed myself. He's just a selfish man who wants nothing but stupid relics!" he scoffed.

"Come on Sebastian! That's just an exaggeration. Mr. Caine is a very great guy. He pays you well enough to fill your tummy." he said. I was glad that he defended Mr. Caine's reputation.

Sebastian walked to the door and went out. He saw us at the door. He stared at us. I quickly noticed that his suit's upper pocket was stuffed with a couple pieces of paper. He quickly walked away from us, to his room.

"What was he doing anyways?" asked Garry.

"I don't know" I answered "he's acting very strange."

""Kallus, Garry, come here." said Anton from the kitchen. We went to him, "What do you want Anton?" Garry asked him. He went to a table near where the mugs were placed and picked up a serving tray. On it was a teapot and three cups. "Here." he gave it to Garry "please be very careful okay. And Kallus, take this." He gave me a serving tray which was filled with plates full of biscuits and crumpets. "Serve them to the guests."

After that, he opened the door for us. We thanked him and left the kitchen. We immediately walked towards the living room. There, we saw the two guest sitting comfortably on a sofa across Mr. Caine. The man was holding a black aluminium briefcase. They were talking very seriously.

"Are you serious?" said Mr. Caine "on the email that you sent to me, you specifically said that the stone was no more than 4.3 million. Now you're saying its 5.7 million?" His face was becoming red.

After we poured them the tea, we walked out of the living room. After that, we waited for out of the living room for Mr. Caine. We kinda 'overheard' what they said.

"Well", said the man "these are hard times to live in. My men worked very hard to extract this precious gem from Borneo."

Mr. Caine raised his voice, "This is a ripoff! I'm not gonna pay more than 5 million!" he demanded.

"What about 4.4 million?" said the man.

"4.3 million!"

"4.5 million!"

"4.2 million!"

"4.6 million!"

"4.1 million!"

"4.35 million take it or leave it!"

"Deal!"

After Mr. Caine won the argument, the man handed him the briefcase. Mr. Caine then wrote something on his checkbook. He gave it to the man, "Have a nice evening." he smirked. The man, upset, ignored it and walked out the door with the lady. A few moments later, we saw a car driving out the property.

We walked towards Mr. Caine. "What is that?" asked Garry pointing to the briefcase. Mr. Caine grinned, "you'll see."