Chapter 21: The Stone!

Garry and I got out of the car. We then paid the uber driver. He thanked us and drove off, leaving us behind in the front garden of a beautiful house. The house looked new. Parked on the driveway was a black sedan with tinted windows. In front of the sedan was a garage which was connected to the house.

"Are you sure this is the right house?" I asked Garry.

"Yes, I'm sure," he replied.

"How did you even know she lives here?"

He looked at me, "Mind your own business."

I rolled my eyes, "Look, man, are you sure you want to do this? And are you sure the girl in the recording was her?"

"We don't have any more options. I saw her in the recording. I know her. I would know if the person is her or not. Plus, I called the police. They said they didn't find a metal briefcase. If anyone, she is the one who has it."

After that, we slowly walked to the white front door. We then rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, we heard footsteps approaching the door. Then, the wooden door opened and a familiar teenage appeared right in front of us. She was wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

"I was expecting you," she told us.

"You did?" I asked, startled.

"Kallus, Kallus, Kallus... You think I don't know your plans? You think I don't know you were spying on Mr Caine's staff? You think I don't know you were searching for the stone? You think-"

"Oh just stop!" interrupted Garry, "Just give us the stone and we'll leave your property!" he demanded.

"For you to what? Give it to the mysterious stranger so that he frees Mr Caine, Mrs Miller, and Anton? Are you that naive to think that that person will just let them go if you do what they said?" she crossed her arms.

"How did you-"

"Know?" she finished my sentence, "I heard the phone call."

Garry clenched his fists, "You hacked my phone?!"

"Oh, don't be a baby Graxz. Don't you remember I have high IT skills," she smiled.

"Anyways," I cut them off, "Katy, may we come inside?" I asked her.

"Be my guest."

I entered the doorway, walked past Katy and entered the living room. I saw, well, living room things such as picture frames, a chandelier, a tv and couches; sofas, the brits(including Katy) would say. Garry followed behind me. After that, Katy closed the door.

"Follow me," she ordered.

We followed her to a wooden door. She turned the golden coloured door knob and all of us entered. We were greeted by a staircase leading to a basement. When we reached down, there was another door. But this time, it was made of metal. Beside it, there was a keypad with silver buttons. Katy entered a four digit pin. Immediately, we heard a 'click' sound and Katy opened the door.

When I entered the room, my mouth fell wide open. I couldn't comprehend what I saw. Imagine the Batcave, but not in a cave, but in a basement. At the end of the room, three monitors were placed on top of a glass desk. On the side of the room, There were two TVs with curved, wide screen, 4K, OLED displays. On the side of the room, game consoles were placed and connected to the tv. It's basically a gamer's dream!

Katy walked to a safe, opened it and pulled out the briefcase from inside.

"Here it is!" she said as she lifted in the air.