Chapter 6: Where is it?

That night, I didn't sleep well. I was twisting and turning in my bed. The sound of rain and thunder from outside made it worse. Raindrops were smashing on the windows. Flashes of lightning were filling the room. Thunder crashing. I kept waking up. On the other side of the room, Garry was happily snoring in his own bed while I, was miserably sitting on my bed. Then, I tried to sleep. I did sleep, by the way, but every time I slept I would have a dream. It was about me and Garry going to a library. Then the stone would appear. Then, I will wake up. Everytime! I ignored the dreams.

When I woke up at 5 am, I decided I should just wake up. All in all, I slept for like 3 hours. I went to the toilet. My eyes were baggy. The rain stopped. I washed my face. Then, I went to my desk and opened up my journal which I record my findings in. It was brown coloured. The spine has my name engraved on it. Everything that involves mysteries I would put it there. Then, I wrote the words which were written on the stone. Underneath, I drew the stone. "Not bad," I said to myself.

Then, a voice came from behind "Yo Kallus," said Garry "what are you doing?" he asked.

"Oh, you're awake," I told him, "I'm just writing down stuff."

"Can I see?" he asked me.

"Sure," I replied.

He read it. Then, he raised his eyebrows, "What is this actually?" he asked me.

Confused, "It's the stone," I said.

He rolled his eyes, "I know it's the stone. I meant the writings." He gave me the book back.

"Wait, what do you mean 'The writings'? I saw them on the stone then wrote them down," I explained.

He looked at me as if he saw a ghost, "Ummm, there weren't any writings on the stone!" he told me, "Are you okay? Maybe you're just imagining things?" He worried.

Puzzled, I stood up, "Wait, that can't be. I saw the writings with my own eyes," I said to him.

"hahaha, nope! There weren't any writing on the stone. If there was, Mr. Caine and I should've seen it," he said to me. "Come on, let's check." he walked to the door. I quickly followed him with my journal in my hand.

While we were outside of the room, I kept thinking of what Garry said. "I really did see writings!" I said to myself.

As we were walking down the stairs, we saw Mr. Caine watching a few people assembling what seems to be a glass display case.

"Mr. Caine, It arrived huh," I said.

"Finally. I've been waiting a long time for this," he smiled.

"Why didn't you use Prime?" asked Garry.

"Sigh....my subscription expired. I just renewed it last night," he replied.

Then, the workers approached Mr. Caine, "Our work is finished, sir."

"Thank you," he said. Then he gave all of them a tip. After left, Mr. Caine took the stone and put it in the case. He opened the case with a key and placed the stone inside. Then he closed the case and locked it. "It's beautiful!" he said.

"Kallus, come here,"said Garry, "look at the stone.There aren't any writings."

I looked at the stone, "That can't be!" I exclaimed. There wasn't any writing on the stone.