Chapter 11: Theft

The officers were kind enough to ride us back home to the mansion. They first dropped Zuku to his parents. His parents were shocked to hear everything that happened from the officers. Then, they headed straight for the crime scene. During the car ride, my head was filled with questions. I looked at Garry. He looked very concerned. I could imagine being in his position. Don't get me wrong, I was also worried but for Garry, this is a very serious family matter. I tried consolidating him. I even gave him the candy bar I had in my bag. In the front, the two officers were talking. Once in a while, they would give little giggles.

Once we arrived, we saw a lot of cop cars parked outside the large mansion. There were also a lot of people watching. There were neighbours, reporters and even drivers who stopped just to know what was happening. For 1 AM in the morning, there were surprisingly a lot of people still awake.

When the patrol car stopped, Garry and I rapidly exited the car and ran straight to the mansion. We pushed ourselves through the ocean of people. We talked to the officer who was guarding the gate. Thankfully, he let us through. In the compound, the house was covered in police tape. The doors, hallways and even the flowers are covered in the tape. (Forget that last one, though).

We found Mr Caine sitting on a bench in his front garden. He was holding a crumpled tissue. Tears ran down his face. A large blanket was covering his body. Anton was sitting beside him. He was wearing his chef's outfit. He was also holding a box of rose scented tissues. In a jiffy, we ran to them. When both men saw us, they got up. Mr Caine was hugging Garry and I. I gave Anton a smile.

The first word me and Garry said was, "What happened?"

Mr Caine shed a tear, "The stone is missing," he said, "It was stolen!" He grabbed a tissue from Anton and then wiped his eyes.

"But what exactly happened?" I asked.

"Let's sit," Anton said. We were siting on the grass. "It all happened a few hours ago-"

"Wololololololo," said Garry, waving his hands up in the sky.

"What was that?" I asked him, annoyed.

"It's a flashback sequence, right?" he answered. "Every flashback sequence needs sound effects," he said, excitedly.

"It's really annoying, " I said, rolling me eyes.

"Yes, it is," Anton said, annoyed.

"But, if we don't have sound effects they will be bored!" added Garry.

"Who are they?" I raised me eyebrow.

"It's them. The readers." he said. He looked up.

"Just stop, okay. Stop being delusional," I gave him an annoyed expression.

"Whatever," he sighed.

"Continue, Anton," I gestured at him.

"Okay," he said.