THE MEETING

"Melissa, they are asking for you in the board room." Camilla said as she tapped the tip of my black leather comfortable chair.

She was the chief's personal assistance - A Becky with the good hair and the perfect job standing six feet tall, so thin it was unhealthy but her hair, her hair was to die for; it was wavy and long, thick and shiny with the touch of deep red, it had my insides burning in jealousy.

I processed what she was saying and almost fainted. Me in the board room? That was trouble. What had I done now? Maybe they wanted to fire me, I thought kicking off my pumps, exchanging them for my black six inch heels. Since this was my third day here at the Interpol's headquarters, I chose to wear my tight fitting black suit which had really cost me a limb if I might say.

I took the elevator to the tenth floor where the boss's office along with the board room were located. The ride seemed to be taking too much time today, or was it me? Stepping out of the elevator I made my way to the board room. Hesitantly, I walked down the plain white corridor, admiring the marble walls that hung pictures of the president, the first lady, senator and other important people.

The thick glass door came into view, leading to directly to the board room if I recall quite well, taking a deep breath I threw myself into the wolves. Fifteen people were sitting around a shiny glass table, looking so calm and collected in their expensive suits with their eyes analysing every inch of my being, sending my nerves buzzing.

My boss sat at the end of the table facing the screen on the wall besides the glass door which I now stood next to. His stare was one of boredom, the reddish dull pools taking me in as he nodded, the wrinkles on his neck being more pronounced. My heart thundered in my chest, so hard I thought I would have a heart attack. I wanted to cry, just being in a room with these people who welded so much power and influence made one's body tremble with fear.

"Melissa, come in." My boss's husky voice made me jump, hastily turned to close the door and since all the chairs were occupied I stood at the head of the table, facing them all and waiting for the demons to break loose.

"This is Seith Rosewood," My boss continued as the screen came to life, showing an image of the hottest guy I had ever seen. My eyes widened in admiration, he was like a Greek god.

People like this really exist?
He was tall with broad shoulders and a slim yet very masculine body. His shiny rich hair was trimmed into a neat, nice hair cut which complimented his strong jaw and hard face.

"He is a billionaire and has friends everywhere around the world. At the age of twenty-five he has deals on each and every industry. He owns hotels, airports, everything and anything you can imagine. We have reason to believe that he is the running the largest cartel in America and in various countries. We have tried everything we could think of to infiltrate his business but all our agents get sent back in boxes so we are taking a new approach and we want you to go undercover and find evidence that will leave him in death raw."

I think I need to check my ears?

My eyes trailed around the room to find all eyes on me, waiting for my reaction or something, letting me know that they were dead serious.

WHAT!

Breathing was suddenly something that was hard to do as the room got hotter and hotter, feeling like my chest was on fire.

What were they saying?

"Wh..y me?" I asked, my voice shaking a little.

"We know that you just got here and having no experience as you just been promoted from being an analyst to a field agent. As we have said Mr Rosewood has connections everywhere and since you are still not registered in our system as an Interpol field agent and only a few people have seen you here, it will be impossible for him to tie you back to us and besides you were the least bright in your class. This is the only reason you got this job here as not even your own mother could tell that you are an agent as you are terrible." My boss stated.

My mind was going crazy, too crazy to even feel the burn of his words.

They had only hired me because of this not because of my skills, wait what skills?

I knew I was not the best there was in the academy but I thought my hard work and passion had gotten me this job. Wow, I was so pathetic and useless. I closed my eyes, a hand brushing through my hair as I tried to keep my emotions at bay especially with this new case I had been given which was really high up my level especially because apparently I sucked at this job.

The room seemed to spin, a nerd like me going undercover. Lord I could not lie to save my life. I wished I could go back and be an analyst, hiding behind a computer and typing away till dusk.

"Can I refuse? I am sorry sir I am just not ready, I just got here and as you mentioned I am not the best at this job." I tried to reason, trying my luck. They had chosen the wrong person really.

They all turned to look at me like I was an alien whom just dropped from space.

I guess that's a no.

"We have provided you with a new identity. Your name is Britney Wilson, you are twenty-three year old and you have an occupation as an escort."

What!

Weren't escorts like classy prostitutes or something?

"We have made a company; 'international escorts' where you will be working. From now on, you will not come into your office until you are done with your assignment. You will send all evidence through a given email, I think you can manage that. These here are files of information on your new life and on Seith Rosewood." He said, pushing two red files with a confidential stamp on them. I picked them up and went back to where I was standing.

"Do not mess this up or you will face my wrath. Do everything and anything to get him to trust and love you. With such beauty and half a brain I am sure he will fall right in between your thighs where we want him. You are dismissed."

I felt dizzy. I couldn't breathe, such belittlement as both a person and a woman. What were these man running here? A brothel? My anger had me shaking yet I held my tongue knowing that I had no other option here. Rushing out, I closed the glass door with more force than needed, it was all the lashing out I could do. When I entered the hall I ran for the elevator, my mind buzzing with questions.

Yes, this was my job, this was what I wanted or thought I had wanted but why did I feel like I just made the worst mistake of my life, why did I feel like grabbing all my things and running for the airport never to look back! I was not ready for the field.

And what did my boss mean by me doing anything and everything to get Mr Rosewood to trust me? Did I hear him incorrectly, maybe it was just a slip of the tongue, he certainly would not mean for me to whore myself out. Arriving back at my desk I collapsed onto my chair. Everyone's attention snapped to me as sweat broke free. I started packing all my stuff in my black cheap bag. There wasn't much to pack because I had just got here two days ago.

Finally finished, I stood up, clasped my bag around my shoulder, and made my way to the elevator. I hadn't even made any friends here yet.

Shit fuck, I was doomed.