DARKER DAYS

When evil lurks in,

At the darkness of the night,

In the shadows of the demons,

Whispering,

Whispering sweet nothing.

When the walls close in,

And the fear kicks in,

At the place I thought safe.

I looked up to you,

Trusted you,

Worshipped you, thinking you'd keep me safe,

Thinking you were the night in the shining armour.

But when I came crawling,

Begging for your help,

With my broken heart,

And troubled soul.

You shut the door and locked it,

Blew out the candles,

switching off the light at the end of the tunnel.

                                       by: Temanguby
When a dark cloud hangs over you, bringing backup and knocks you down. When you sit staring at nothing with those lost, soulless eyes not realising that you have been silently crying for hours and hours.

When your mind is blank but troubled and deep in a mist of darkness, swimming in thin feathery clouds.

A time where it feels like your soul has been ripped out of your body, a time where you just became numb.

Suicide thoughts!

So dangerous yet so tempting.

A chance to go to a place where your spirit will just float. A place where there will be no pain , no tears, no joy, just nothing.

A peaceful place.

At a time like this I wondered if a God really existed. How can he let his children suffer so much while he watched?

These were all things I didn't understand.

Four days, ten hours, twenty-five minutes and three seconds.

No food, no talking, just crying.

My phone had blacked out when it had rang for the seventy-eighth time.

I sat up from my sleeping position then swung my legs to the purple rug on the wooden floor. My bladder was going to burst any minute now.

It seemed like all my emotions, all the pain just zoomed in back into my body. It hit me like a wave, the throbbing vagina, the sore eyes and chicks, the aching limbs.

Like the walking dead, I marched to the see through glass toilet.

Sitting in the black seat I defied and peed, it took forever and I liked the sensation as my bladder emptied, causing this tickling feeling. Wiping up, I flushed then went to stand in front of the mirror as I stared at my reflection.

My tears peaked up as I turned, seeing my bruised skin. Blood pools under my skin making it a different shades of purple and black. I couldn't even notice my own face, it was buttered, swollen and ugly.

My cheeks were purple and saggy, outlined by a curvy thin red scar. Eyes, big puffy and dark red. I looked like a vampire in transition.

On my neck were hand prints, planted there to taunt and remind me of the brutal night which I'd do anything to forget.

My arms had hand prints while my full round breasts had bite marks here and there.

Pulling my hair back, I tied it to a pony tail then washed my face and brushed my teeth. I walked out, picking my phone and plucked it in the charger.

I made my bed then took a long icy cold much needed shower. With a towel wrapped around my body, I dried my hair, rest of the body then went to check on my phone.

Work:
Eighty-five missed calls
Fifteen messages

I opened the first message:  Melissa where are you? The boss is freaking out
- Camilla

Second one: Just pick up your phone

Third one: You have been summoned to the office. As soon as possible
-Camilla
........

It went on and on.

I deleted all the voice messages and all the e-mails as they said the same thing.

Taking a deep breath I walked to the dresser to apply some lotion then to the closet and picked out a baggy black sweater with black leggings and pink feathery Puma slides.

I picked up my phone and house keys then left the apartment. After locking, I pulled on my hoody and started walking in the empty street.

The sun was covered by thick clouds as the drizzle calmed the air and wet the ground. There was a thick fog blocking my beautiful view. A breeze kicked in, blowing my hair backwards.

I felt calmed and chilled. I didn't know what I was thinking but I was thinking of something. The air was clean and moist, cooling my burning face as images of that dark night drifted by my eyes.

I heard a pair of footsteps not far away and two pairs of tyres, screeching. Birds hummed their different tunes that comforted my body and soul. A church bell went off nearby and soon the big white Old Catholic church came to view.

I was planning on walking all the way to the office. I needed to clear my head and just relax. What I had gone through was so scarring and I thought I'd never recover, I'd never be the same.

A bicycle passed just next to me on the stone pavement, making me jump and my heart race. I paused there for a while, catching my breath before I resumed with my journey.

Finally I entered the busy city after a long thirty minutes. Here cars were all over, hawking and speeding by. People in all kinds of colours and cloths walked in the streets carrying paper bags, some sat outside restaurants enjoying their meals along with the cool weather.

I crossed the road and stood in front of the building where it all began. It had fifty floors but Interpol only owned twenty of the floors. The building was mainly made of shiny thick glass.

I approached the door as it automatically opened , leading to a floor which only had one big glass desk and a chair at the far end with chairs and a long black couch here and there.

I took the elevator which consisted of fifteen people in formal wear who stared at me like I was lost or something. Stepping out of the elevator I pulled off my hoody then made my way to Camilla's desk.

She was busy typing something and on the phone. Her hair was tied to a neat bun and I could see her white blouse and blue shirt. Her skin was creamy white with her plain black eyes, highlighted by a black eyeliner and a pale pink lipstick.

Her eyes shot up and as soon as she saw me, the phone was dropped and she rushed up to me.

"Melissa, finally, we have been calling for you. Anyway, good timing. They are all in a meeting at the boardroom. Just go there. For goodness sake, what are you wearing?" she said pushing me to the boardroom where about fifteen people sat on black leather chairs around a large glass table.

Camilla walked in first and mentioned my presence then walked out.

I slowly strode in with my eyes on the floor and hands aimlessly hanging at the sides. Looking up I found angry stares.

They were all shooting daggers at me and some were even shaking their heads in annoyance.
"Melissa!" my boss shouted causing me to jump a little.

Was he mad?

"Where have you been, we have been trying to reach you for four days."

I didn't answer that, just stared at all of them in disbelief.

Didn't they see my face? Didn't they see all the bruises?

"Seith Rosewood's assistance called the so called agency on Sunday and terminated the contract. She said he said you were disrespectful, annoying, a worthless cheap whore. He is very angry Melissa. Now we trusted you and gave you this job and you blew it off." My boss vented vehemently.
His anger was pulsing all through his body.

"You failed your mission and didn't come on duty to report for four days thus you are fired," He spat out and for a second his words rang in my ears while I tried to process them.

WHAT!

My vision blurred as my tears made it hard for me to see. My anger boiled and my pain amplified.

WHAT!

"You can't d..o...th..at!" I shouted as I fought back a sob. They couldn't do this to me. I had done all they asked. I got raped because of these people. Couldn't they see what he did to me, couldn't they see how he damaged me.

"We just did miss,"

"But can't you see what he did to me, he fuck'n ..ra..ped me. Why can't you just arrest him on that," my voice broke as my lower lip vehemently vibrated.

"That is not enough to put him away, he will get away and I assume you took a bath. We need something big to lock him up, something he can't deny, something that will put him out forever. So just go home and suck it up!" My boss said cruelly, his voice laced with venom.