THE TALK

There was nothing more I wanted at this point than deep sleep, I wanted it so bad, punching the pillow so hard taking out my frustration on it. I did not want him to find me awake, as the clock ticked, my heart rate increased higher and higher. The combination of being at a new room, a new bed, new sheets and fear had my eyes wide with no promise of sleep anytime soon. I was so scared, my heart was rummaging in my chest, thrusting itself against my rib cage so painfully.

The temperatures had risen higher, leading to me sweating so hard but not even an inch was moved along my body afraid he would walk in while I flip the covers away being caught red handed.

What if he was already in the room? The question came as my head was away from the door and the room was so dark. The hair in my nape stood still as I held my breath in with my heart so loud it felt like the sound had been amplified. I did not dare move a finger as I closed my eyes, praying to the almighty to save me from the monster at least by sending me in a deep slumber where it would be impossible to wake me.

I wondered what time it was now but I was sure it was quiet late as I had been at this for hours, I guess. Beads of sweat had collected on my forehead, taunting me, causing my skin to inch from them staying on my skin for so long. I wanted to scream in frustration really but my fear would not even allow me to breathe properly.

My whole body froze as I thought I heard something around the room, I doubt my eyes even blinked. I lay there as still as possible for a couple of minutes, not being to take it after a while and just letting my breath out, leaving me heaving under the blankets. Just as I was calming my heart the door opened followed by it closing and quiet steps around the room.

Surely I was dying as I lay so still it was painful while I am sure someone downstairs could hear my heart drumming. My breath was held as I was sometimes a heavy breather but it was getting harder and harder to hold it with my heart being louder and louder while increasing speed. I could feel the tears well up as I could feel myself slipping with every passing second, when I could not take it I opened my mouth taking in and out air, making so much noise I almost fainted from it.

Somehow stupidly I hoped he had not noticed me so I continued laying still, as naturally as possible with my eyes shut but who was I kidding really. I heard water running from the bathroom causing me to take a huge gulp of air in both relief and panic.

What was I going to do?

I thought of running away, jumping off the window.  As quietly as possible I slipped off the bed tip toeing to the door where I turned the handle, to find it locked. I am sure at that point my heart stopped only to restart again. My palms were sweating and I had no clue on what to do, I was in deep trouble, so much so I felt like crying and I held my hands over my head with it going crazy.

Glimpses of that other night had me pacing while my whole body violently shook. I went to the walk in closet, looking up and realising that I would make a lot of noise getting my guns out. I got back to bed feeling for my knife underneath the pillow with shaking hands. I held on tight to it with it doing nothing to reassure me, I knew that somehow it would be used against me. Was it wise to keep such a weapon close, it being me just handing him my murder weapon to curve me with.

The debate continued in my mind on whether to keep the knife or put it back in the closet. It was both unsafe just not knowing which one was more unsafe. I had seen so many cases where the home owner had been shot with their own gun, women killed with their own knife.

The sound of water stopped making me jump in bed and lay in that same position, holding my knife under my pillow with no other option but to keep it there. There was no way he was hurting me again, I told myself holding on tight with my eyes shut.

I had realised that Mr Rosewood had light feet, there was no way of hearing him walk around and that is why I had no clue where he was at that time. After  a couple of minutes I heard shuffling in the closet, making my heart drum faster at the revelation that he had left the bathroom some time ago.

My breath was hot and harsh on my skin, I swear if my eyes were open I would be able to see at the intensity of which I was breathing. The bed suddenly dipped making me bite my lip to hold myself from whimpering.

'Come on Melissa Man up. You are an Interpol agent. You are smart, this jerk can't touch you. Toughen up.' I gave myself a pep talk which was just that, a pep talk that did nothing to calm me down.

The cover was pulled as I heard him sigh, the light from his phone, as he typed something causing me to squint my eyes. After typing he placed his phone on the night stand and turned on his side. I did not know which side he was facing but held my breath, shaking like a leaf.

"I see you waited for me," His voice had me almost wetting myself. He was so close I could practically feel the cool of his skin cooling mine down. The smell of his woodsy scent so strong, with all that, my eyes stayed shut maintaining my sleeping act while holding my knife so firmly I thought it would break.

"You want to play pretend, let's play then." He said as he closed the gap between us, snaking his arms under my waist, pulling me with such ease to his hard body.

His lips claimed mine, him nibbling on my lower lip, sucking on it so gently. There was no way I could keep my eyes closed, I flushed them open to find his staring at mine as he chuckled, laughing at my stupidity. I held on to the knife not wanting to pull it stupidly, getting myself killed in the process.

He proceeded kissing my mouth till he moved to my cheek, down to my neck, causing my whole body to shake from such violation.

"Get away from me," it was even a shock to me that I had not stumbled on my words. He paid no mind to me as he continued down pulling the spaghetti strap down to arms with his finger while placing kisses down to my breast.

"Stop!" I said again firmly, giving him a chance to stop before I attack but he did no such thing, he continued exploring my body as if it was something so wonderful. My anger bubbles at such treatment, images from that other time came, causing me to pull out the knife, lunging it on his neck but he was too fast.

He caught my hand. holding it so tight I screamed as the knife covered in blood fell down in the sheets. My hand was twisted so much so I thought it would pop as I screamed now kneeling trying to make lean my whole body in the same direction so it would not break. Tears flooded my eyes, streaming down my cheeks with pain shooting up my arm.

"Nice try princess," He said then threw his head back and laughed.

"That's a new one, I have to tell you that." He continued as he pushed me away, causing me to fall on the bed cradling my hand. He wiped off the blood on the barely broken skin from his neck and brought it to his mouth. If I was scared before it came nothing close to what I felt right now as I moved back in the bed, hand long forgotten as I patted for my knife trying to find it before he attacked.

In one second he flipped the cover, taking the knife from where it had been, holding it in his hand.

"Sit down!" His voice was loud and so clear it had me quiver.

I sat down on the bed with nowhere to go, just trying to imagine how I would dodge his blows.

"I want us to talk here because this is getting irritating." He turned to me after throwing the knife far on the other side of the room as I followed it with my eyes, calculating what it would take me to get to it.

"Who are you?"

My eyes snapped back from where the knife lay to his pool of deep green soulless eyes. There was no way I would answer that question. Did he know? There was no way I would live through the night. I sat there thinking and wrecking my mind.

"I hired an escort, an expensive one who was to do whatever was to be told, one who came highly recommended by the agency and I don't know what you are because you are certainly not what I paid for so now talk before I drag you to the interrogation room where I am sure Thomas would have a field day."

Shit!