FREE

Shopping had never been so deadly, it should be a show, ' Deadly Shopping'. I shook my head just happy we had made it through not even sure how really. By the time we came out of the food shop there was a huge angry crowd not even sure how they knew how we were in there.

They shouted wanting blood, I had killed a police in cold blood adding to that I was a terrorist and they did not understand why I was here, how was I walking free just like that? One of the scariest moments in my life was watching them scream for blood as we tried moving this side to fail then that side with my guard trying so hard to protect me but failing with no one keeping the crowd from us as they came bashing and bashing in anger.

I did not blame them, how could I? I was a killer, I had killed a person. My hands were stained, a shot I could never recover from. I was evil and twisted deserving nothing but hell.

There had been no way of realising how stupid this was, I should have stayed in, should have just buried myself under the covers until I died. My guard had picked me up literally throwing me over his shoulder, too scared to say anything as he marched through the crowd people pulling at my hair, my feet. It was so crazy, so scary yet we made it through, my guard having bruises everywhere guilt eating at me at how that was because of me there being not enough of sorrys to make it okay.

I now stood in front of the stove, the thick stew just boiling, the delicious smell filling the room yet my mind was elsewhere, I was not hungry anymore yet cooking had always calmed me down so I did, making my favourite meal of thick beef curry stew with Jece and a nice fresh salad. Everything was done with just a bit simmering then it would be ready to go.

I heard the elevator open and close, turning around, my eyes fell on none other than my husband. It felt weird, so weird thinking him as my husband, I would never get used to it my heart fluttering seeing him standing there looking wild with his dark suit that was made for him making him look dashing with his hair that had been ruffled up making a neat mess. His eyes were on me, the three top buttons of his shirt undone, his hands on his hips holding the suit jacket back taking me in up and down not saying a word but just staring.

I did not know what to say, did not know what to do him seeing so far away wishing I could just make my way to him but I had to hold my horses have dignity for once and be a strong girl not just falling in his arms like a crazy person.

"Are you okay?" His voice had my legs shake just hitting the spot already wanting to throw my arms around him and tell him all about it. How did he do that? How did he get me in a place where I felt like I could just talk and talk with him for hours?

I nod my head not trusting my voice as I turned back to my pot away from his stare that left me trying so hard to catch my breath.  The lid to the pot was placed on the counter as I stirred the stew even though it was not needed but anything to distract me, acting busy when I was actually not. He was behind me in seconds his hands slipping around my waist, my body just relaxing in his arms, his chin rubbing against my cheek with my eyes closed the sensation something that had my mind float away sighing as I melted in his arms all the stress melting away leaving just me and him in our own world.

"Sure you okay?" He asked again, my head nodding because I was not then but I definitely was now.

"I have to go now, just came to see you." He said again making me turn around in his arms, my eyes falling on his perfect face.

"Dinner is ready, get something to eat first." I said, my arms on his shoulders, my heart drumming not being able to stay still feeling it run from me, escape me to fall on the hands of this man that I barely even knew like really how did all this happen.

"Okay," He said making me bright up at that I won't be eating alone, excited that he would get to taste my food but nervous at the same time.

"Go take a seat," I said barely able to hold the excitement as I shooed him away, his hands slipping from my waist walking to the dining table made for so many people. I looked around the kitchen finally finding something to set the table with doing so then going back to plate the piping food in nice matte black round plates carrying both plates and putting them on the table then fetching the wine along with glasses. I sat down, the apron taken off hanging on the oven handle not even able to sit still as my eyes fell on him seeing him take his cutlery ready to eat.

He took a spoon full of the food in his mouth, chewing, my eyes never leaving him just waiting for his reaction not getting one making me more nervous as he continued eating, his face blank.

It is not good.

His eyes trailed up finding me watching me, confusion on his face.

"Well how is it?" I asked as if it was the most obvious thing to ask, a smile breaking through his face yet his words interrupted by the phone that suddenly went ringing, his eyes falling on me as he took it out.

"Yes," He said, his eyes not leaving mine as I waited for him to finish yet his eyes turned from me, his voice getting harsher as the chair was pushed back his body shooting up, he turning , the sound of the elevator doors closing telling me that he was gone. I sat there eyes still on where he was just sitting a few seconds ago. So just like that he was gone, wow, some people did not have manners at all. So this was going to be my life trapped here all day only getting a few seconds from him. This was all that was left for me, being alone again.

The fairy tale of meeting my one true love was taken, the dream of my beautiful wedding which I would tell my kids every chance I got was taken away. The hope of having a loving husband to share my life with, never to feel so alone again was just harshly snapped away really telling me that all I deserved was to be alone and sad.

The food was pushed away, all my hard work gone. It was a few minutes later when I took the dishes, throwing the food away and taking containers, I dished some for the two guards, walking to the elevator scanning my key card. The doors opened and sure the two guards were there on each corner standing with their eyes falling on me.

"Hi guys, got you some food." I said giving them the closed food containers with the spoons inside. The two guards looked at each other not knowing if to take it or not, not knowing what to say but finally they scratched their heads, each taking one saying thanks.

"Anything you need guys just say please." I said their faces turned into something that nearly made me laugh. They were shocked not even knowing what to say as I waved, moving my feet, the doors closing soon after their faces closed away leaving nothing but silence filling the room tearing me apart.

When growing up my privacy was something I valued, spending all my free time locked away, my head buried in novels or movies yet after the incident being alone was the last thing I wanted yet alone I was. Being along for a couple of days is bliss, when your parents leave you at home all by yourself-such a joy even though all I did was watch TV and steal all the things I was not supposed to yet being alone for years on years was just mental suicide really.

My eyes trailed to the TV, walking to the couch slumping on it and turning the TV on remote in hand searching for something to keep my mind occupied. I froze, the voice filling the room as I watched, it was the Director of Interpol giving out a statement.

" ....It has been a stressful couple of weeks with the whole country at its feet to catch the lady who had been labelled to be the enemy of the state yet she was actually a hero. We are here to make a statement that Melissa Dlamini has been cleared of all accusations after discovering that the information given was actually fabricated by a group of hackers that planted evidence using it as a destruction to try and hack our servers. I am here to tell you that these thieves have been caught, charged with the murder of Miss Camilla Evans , planting evidence and trying to hack into the Interpol's servers." the live recording was moved, the news anchor talking on yet my ears could no longer hear, my mind was rushing around so many questions in my mind. I knew I should be happy but why would I when Camilla lost her life, when two people lost their lives because of all this madness. Why would I be happy when they could just do what they did to me to another who did not have a Mr Rosewood to blackmail them then clear their name?

Had they done this before? Had they hunted others, killing them to cover their tracks but of course they had, there were no more corrupt people than those seating in positions of power.

I shook my head, switching off the TV not in the mood for anything at this point. My feet carried me around the house, hands on my head angry, mad , relieved and confused. Well I just had to wait and see what life had for me at this point.