HOMELESS

I don't know when I fell in a deep slumber but you know the moment when your body just keeps screaming, letting you know that there is something wrong, screaming so loud there is no way you can ignore it. I bolted up the bed, my chest rising up and down frantically, beads of sweat collected on my forehead. The room was still dark, looking over at the watch seeing that it had only been an hour the clock blinking three in the morning, the TV switched off yet as my eyes trailed over I noticed that the bed was empty right beside me.

I don't know why but my heart hammered hard so I slipped out of the bed, slipping in my running shoes then taking careful steps to the creaked open door. My eye took all that stood behind it yet the darkness making it impossible as I pushed it sure for it not to make noise, my eyes on the floor watching the wood as I stepped my instincts telling me to run as I turned a corner the silence deafening, moving deeper in the house only to halt on the doorway to the kitchen. The door leading outside was wide open, four officers walking in with Marlin holding the door for them turning to point only to freeze, her eyes falling on me, my heart dropping to the pit of my stomach such betrayal hitting me hard yet I had no time to even think the guns blazing hot. The sound tore through the night, Marlin's screams distant in my buzzing ears as I dropped to the floor quickly crawling back where I came from yet they were fast, a hand on my leg holding and dragging me.

I knew they were here to kill, knew I was a liability to them thus taking me out. My mind kicked in panic, my foot pushing hard hitting a face only to flip off the floor, my leg swinging in the air kicking the man in the face. His body stumbled back as I bent, the bullet tearing through my sweater, the burn shimmering though my body as I picked up a pan throwing it and watching the other man stumble back from the hit. I ran stepping on the counter, my knee coming hard hitting him so hard he fell on the ground but with no time to ponder on him my fist found its next target punching over and over again.  A pair of arms grabbed my waist from the back, picking me up only for my foot to come down hard on his boot turning so quickly, my elbow hitting his face hearing him stumble back as I fully turned to him, grabbing the knife on the counter burying it in his chest, blood pooling all over the floor. I held a scream in, my eyes wide, every part of me shaking.

I just killed a person

My tears blinded me as I stumbled back, my teeth chattering and that was when I felt the sharp pain on my head, too late to reach as I stumbled falling on the counter. The room span all around me, a pair of feet coming towards me with the gun on my head ready to pull the trigger, ready to wipe me out of this world. I don't know how or when but I span, my hand hitting his arm the gun falling on the floor with a loud clutter, the fight moving on trying so hard to keep steady as I went for the kill going hard. My fist, elbow and knee went on him, hitting him with no mercy as he took steps back my attacks following him as I gave him my all so angry, angry at myself, angry at them the scream ripping through me leaving me seething as I pounded him, blood seeping all over his face until his body crumbled to the floor. I turned, my eyes falling on Marlin who stood by the door still holding it open shaking like a leaf, looking at me as if I was a monster and a monster I was , didn't blame her. I was a monster and deserved what was coming to me. I had just killed someone, the blood itching on my skin reminding me of my sins. The tears poured down my face with nothing else to do than tear my eyes from her, walking past her never to look back. I stepped out the cold dark night most houses with lights on, most of them outside holding phones calling the police having heard the gun shots.

I saw their shock as I walked out blood all over me most dropping the calls, taking videos while taking steps back yet not wanting to get back in the house. I walked down the porch, watching everything around me tears streaming down my face, my lips quivering knowing that this was the end of me, knowing that this was my end. My head snapped hearing the sirens and that was the wakeup call, looking back to the people, collected, recording everything before turning and running opposite the sounds of the siren.

I ran down the street going faster and faster the pain hammering in me as I cried my heart out. My feet pat the ground, the sound echoing all over the empty street as I ran not caring where but ran faster and faster wanting to get away, wanting to get lost as my body floated in the air the wind kissing my skin leaving it bruised and sore. My muscles burned, the pain accepted by me as it took away the pain that left my heart feeling as if it would burst from the betrayal of all the people, the agency and Marlin. I could not understand how she could do such, could not understand why she had done such.

I ran on and on not stopping, never wanting to stop the sky dimming up the black turning to a light blue until the horizon turned to a thick orange. My lungs burned as my jog broke into a walk, looking around not recognising where I was, not knowing what to do and where to go, my mind failing as it throbbed hard my chest burning needing water but where would I get them. I walked around, looking around knowing that they would track me using the street cams. The streets got busier, my hands buried in my pockets trying to hide the blood but knowing that I had to wash it because someone would eventual see it and not to mention my bleeding arm. My plan was to just keep walking with my head down until I found shelter, the city was busy and crowded, people going to work everything right with them while I fought for my life. I looked up, seeing a subway knowing that it was my best bet yet the cameras would catch me.

Looking around I saw an alley walking towards it, the dust bins from the restaurants in the street full with garbage. My eyes took my surrounds sure that there was no one around I pulled out the garbage one by one looking for large plastics which I got. The cap was thrown in the garbage tearing the plastics the pulling it over my head wearing It. I took another brown paper bag, wearing it so it acted as a skirt digging around finding something which might have been left overs of a brown sauce or something. I opened the container, pouring the sauce on my hands smudging it all over my hair and face, my sneakers took out along with the socks my feet glazed with the sauce so they would look dirty. Satisfied that it looked convincing enough I took out a box, dragging it behind me as I walked back to the street my head down, my steps with no direction dragging my feet around knocking people now and again as I took a turn walking down the steps.

"Hey! Watch it!" It was a man knocking me and moving on.

"Filthy shit." He continued rushing down as I moved as if I did not hear, humming a tune trying to sell the show yet my heart beat so hard afraid someone would see past the act calling the police howling me away. There was no way I could walk around the city, no way I could take a bus because I had no money so I picked a corner, sitting down to take a break my body too tired to carry on watching people move around rushing to work, holding in the tears as I sat there for twenty minutes trying to figure out where to go. After twenty minutes I stood up going to the bathrooms, washing my hands and drinking water before walking out the subway walking around the street heading down not even sure what I would find. I walked on and on no one paying any attention to me because to them I was a crazy person who they did not even spare a second glance. I walked down, the day moving on, the sun burning hot on me sweat threatening to clean away the dirt on my skin while the heat had no mercy. My stomach growled, hunger finally setting in feeling as if my intestines were eating each other. I walked on, dragging that box sure to slump my shoulders.

The light drifted away, darkness falling over me the lights on the street turning on panic suddenly hitting me on where I would sleep. I walked around trying to find shelter but nothing. The night passed, on the streets getting more and more quiet people in their homes with their families.

How was this even fair? Why was life so cruel?

I saw a corner where just next to it was grocery shop where there was a guard outside. It made me feel safe knowing that if he was there then no one would try anything as the night moved on. I sank to the ground, sitting on my box suddenly it being useful after all the dragging that had happened. Exhaustion weighed on me, the hunger coming with a vengeance, my lips cracking my tongue dry, so dry it hurt as I sat watching the cars move by.

"Hey! That is my spot move." My eye turned to the thin man wearing torn dirty clothes not sure he was in the right mind.

I looked around seeing that there was so much space he could just seat a few feet from me.

"Move! Move! Move!" He shouted throwing the bag of plastics down seeming to be ready to kick some ass. Have you ever been hit by a mentally disturbed person, trust me, don't wish it even to your worst enemy. The kick had me quickly stand up another hitting me on the face making me groan as he continued kicking and hitting not even seeing where I was but just kicking and kicking mostly the air as I stepped back not wanting to fight with this disturbed man, that would be so cruel but I have to tell you that his fist stung even as I walked across the street hearing him still screaming on how I should not mess with him as he was from space and he would kill me in my sleep with a spoon.

Defeat had me walking, my head down with nothing but tears because this was my lowest point not even sure if my life was worth living anymore.