BREAKFAST

Darkness surrounded us, it crept to the lowest of the lows and the highest of the highs. It made my skin crawl as it framed the monster's face which was just scary on its own.

A gun sat between us, Mr Rosewood tapping it now and again, patiently waiting for an answer. You could see his face changing as he thought of how he would rain the bullets on me, he was ready and willing to do it, that had been made clear. I tried to think of a way out of this where there was no getting hurt and there was none, emotions set aside I was in deep shit and there was no getting out.

"I do not want to do this," I took a deep breath, hands shaking, my lips barely opening but I told myself it was now or never.

"I do not want to sleep with you, I know you hired me but I do not want to sleep with you. I know my rights, even though I am basically a prostitute I can still say no." I said firmly holding my head up.

He continued tapping his gun, angling his head to stare at me for the longest time. My heart was drumming, waiting for him to pick up the gun and fuck me up. There was little bit of hope, maybe he would hear me, maybe just for a second his humanity will suddenly come back.

"Not what I asked but tell me what do you want to do exactly?" He asked, picking up the gun feeling it's weight on his hand, turning it side to side, wiping stains with his hand now and again.

"I can be your pretend girlfriend here but no sex."

" So you just want to sleep and wake up in my bed, you want to go eat like a pig-my food, you want to walk around the halls  looking like a whore in my clothes yet you do not want me to fuck you." The laughter that followed had me crawling back a little at a time. His laugh was so scary my heart almost stopped, it was so evil with a promise of pain and tears.

I felt my tears pool up, my whole body shaking.

"You cannot do this," I spoke up, throwing anything I got my hands to first which was a pillow.

"But I can," He said crawling his way to me. I wrestled with the covers which had suddenly tied me, looking up I saw that he was getting closer and closer so I threw myself to the ground with all the covers just to get away from him. My head started spinning, everything moving around for a second.
It was a hand pulling my feet that had me focusing again, only to kick everything that was near me. I kicked like my life depended on it, oohh but it did, my livelihood and sanity depended on it so I did not stop kicking, I kicked, feeling a ping of joy as I hit his face, hearing him groan before he harshly grabbed both my legs yanking me up only for my chin to hit the edge of the bed. A sharp pain shot through my body, leaving me paralysed as I whimpered holding my chin.

"I will hold you when I want to, I will fuck you when I want to, whichever way I want to because you are mine, my whore, I paid for you didn't I?"

"Fuck you, you son of a bitch, you rapist!" I shouted back hoping my words would cut him in half while I watch him bleed, hoping he would drop dead just where he was so I could dance over his corpse.

"You won't get away with that next time." He said roughly pushing me then rolling to his side placing his gun on the night stand then getting in the covers only to lay there sleeping.

I sat there, staring at him, thinking of all the things I wanted to do to him. I thought of all the pain he had caused me, all the fear that crept all over my body at his sight. There was nothing more I hated than this men, he took away everything from me. How was life even fair, he was so cruel, hurting so many people yet he lived the best life with nothing stopping him.

I sat there, hours on hours, staring him lay not even shifting a leg. He lay on his back his face staring up, his face was blank, just neutral and still that you would think he was dead. I had asked myself so many times if he was breathing because it seemed as if he was not.

Slowly I got off the bed, taking one careful step after the other. My heart drummed, seeming to be making so much noise. My eyes did not leave his face even for a second, I watched him like a hawk while creeping my way around the bed. Each step I took, it seemed like I would die really, never had I been so scared in my life none the less I crept to his side, carefully picking up his gun when I got there, not believing that I was doing this.

My hand was shaking in such a way that the gun would fall off so I held it with both hands, stretching my arms out to his direction and pointing the gun at his face, the finger on the trigger.

In my head I was shouting ' do it!' Yet my body seemed to freeze, my heart was drumming in such a way that I thought I could collapse from a heart attack. I tried to move my finger, closed my eyes willing myself to do it, he raped me, he beat me! Tears streamed down my face with all the images coming back to live in my mind, I could hear myself scream, feel everything as if it was happening, I saw his face, such cruelty and monstrosity of what he wanted to do. My legs started shaking as I found it hard to breath.

I felt my arms being lowered only for my eyes to snap open and those green murderous eyes staring back at me as he took away the gun and placed it back where it was. He got off the bed scooping me up in his arms as I fought. My fists went flying.

"Put me down!" I screamed, kicking.

"Put me down you bastard!" He walked around the room, laying me at my side of the bed, pulling the blankets over me and getting back to his side where he went back to sleep. I lay there in the dark, crying my heart out. I folded myself in a ball, hating myself for being so weak, hating the world for letting this happen and hating him so much for everything he did.

"I wish you could die," I said so lowly I doubt he even heard it.

I watched with sore eyes as the light made its way, chasing away the darkness. The sky turned grey followed a mix of colour as the sun graciously rose, making it known that it was a new day. I turned around, turning my back on it to stare at the closed pocket doors to the closet. Sleep had never came, I had stayed all night, haunted. All I heard when I closed my eyes were my screams, all I saw was a monster and all I felt was pain. I had spent quite a long time staring at his stoic face, wondering how someone could be so cruel, how he could easily do this.

He rolled off the bed, causing me to lay as still as possible. I did not know if he was still in the room or not so I closed my eyes pretending to be sleeping. I waited for some time, hearing the water from the shower and that was the last thing I remember before everything went black.

It was a knock at the door which had been quite persistent that woke me up, causing me to curse as my head felt so much bigger and heavier with it throbbing as it someone had constantly banged it along the wall. The room was moving around along with the bed causing me to fall back in my pillow and cover my ears while groaning so loudly. I wanted to shout for them to go away but that seemed like too much work and I had no energy at all.

I woke up again thirty minutes later after a long battle with sleep, moving my head, my sore eyes came in contact with the clock having me fall from the bed and quickly run to the bathroom without even seeing the way. I had never taken a shower so quick with me already late. Running out of the bathroom I quickly threw on a pair of black sweat pants, a tank top, slipping on some slides then running out.

My head leaned on the metallic wall along with my body, my eyes were closed, it seeming like heaven with sleep just clawing its way to me. There was a ding and the opening of the elevator doors that had me groaning and banging my head along the wall for a while. Giving myself some encouragement, I dragged myself through the house to the parlour where a table for two was set up with food all over it. The sun was bright and irritating, I felt like a vampire today, not wanting noise, sunlight and all that, lord I just wanted to sleep.

I dragged my chair, sitting down before smiling and passing a 'hi'.

"Morning dear, you look like hell." Grandma pointed out in her jolly mood making me even greyer.

"I did not get an ounce of sleep, I am basically a walking zombie." I replied, pouring myself some coffee.

"Your eyes seem like they will fall out, sorry dear maybe you can get some sleep after this." She said.

"We will see Grandma,"

"Oohh dear call me Marie,"

"Thank you Gra- Marie, that will take time getting used to, how did you sleep?" It was weird calling her by her name, my moral principles did not go with me calling an older person by their name.

"Not well, I barely slept myself, it's just-" she stopped, not sure if she could say, this arousing my curiosity so I put my cup down, turning my attention to her and waiting for her to go on, in an encouraging way though.

"Did he do that to you?" She asked leaving me perplexed.

"I can see all the fading marks on your skin." She said reminding me of that night, the part that ripped a part off my soul. I looked down at my fingers not wanting to talk about it. I had been so late that I had not put makeup, showing all the maps of the dark fading marks.

"I am so sorry," she took a breather.
"All the men in this family treat women like something they could use then just dispose for when they need them again. I thought it would get better with the younger generation but it did not." A tear escaped from her eye which she wiped with her shaking hand.

"I tried to protect Seith, tried to show him that there was some good in the world, that women were to be treasured but his father realised and kept me away from him. He was so hard on him, I am sure something went loose in his brain because I had never seen such cruelty. Be careful my dear," Her words did nothing to sooth my growing pains, she had just confirmed that I was caged with a lion which could kill me without even much thought to it. I sat in my chair grabbing the edges.

"In this family you have to fight for everything, in the process they lose their humanity and act like animals. You would think that after his father died Seith would get all this automatically but no, he had to fight all his cousins and uncles and when I say fight I mean a full on battle with shooting and cutting throats. I had never seen something so bloody, they all came for him as a collective. You know what he did, he killed them all, going to their families, slaughtering them as payment for such betrayal. Only Thomas and Phil were left as they bowed down in submission." Tears were streaming down her face now so I got up and went around, hugging her.

"I failed him," She said weeping.

"It's Okay Gra-Marie, I am sure you did your best now stop crying before you get a heart attack please." I wiped away her tears, feeling such sadness and helplessness settle in the pit of my belly.

"I am okay dear, sorry for crying on you, I just wish I could do something for the others, they suffer so much, you know Ashley once had a miscarriage after Thomas has beat her to a pulp. He beats her anywhere just to show how he has power over her and no one can do nothing because they think he has Seith's protection. I just want to kill him, it gets me so angry," She said with her hands shaking so badly.

"Grandma, please come down." I rushed back to her again, taking her hands into mine.

"Please calm down, take deep breaths." It did not help at all as she started hyperventilating with tears streaming down from her wide open eyes and shaking body. I held on to her so she would not fall down.

"Someone help!" I shouted over and over again.

Picking up a glass of water I brought it to her lips but she could choke on it from all the shaking so I put it back down.

"Someone help!" I shouted again, hearing patting of feet with a guard coming to view.

"Call for Mr Rosewood!" I shouted as the guard said something on the walkie talkie.

"Do you know anything I could do?" he shook his head at my question.

"Okay thanks," I said turning back to Grandma.

"Stay with me Grandma, stay with me please, listen to my voice, Mr Rosewood is coming." I held her hand, squeezing.

Mr Rosewood came running, jumping over things to be quicker.

He got there, kneeling next to me.

"What happened?" He asked, picking her up to the living room where he placed her on the couch.

"We were talking and she got so upset. She started hyperventilating and shaking."

"Bring me a glass of water and aspirin now!" He shouted with a couple of people running around.

He took the pill from one of Grandma's personal helper's shoving it down her mouth followed by a full glass of water after which he brought her to him, hugging her while rubbing her back. In a few minutes Marie was breathing fine with her eyes barely open. Mr Rosewood scooped her up, walking away as I followed with her shoes which had fallen down at some point.  We got in the elevator, not saying a thing. The doors opened and we walked out on the third floor, stopping at the second door we saw just near the elevator with a white door. The door was opened, revealing the clean and neat room yet filled with pictures, some old ornaments here and there. The bed was covered by a quilt which looked homemade. He sat her down and covered her, sitting right next to her.

"Sleep please Gram," He got down, kissing her forehead. It did not take much time for her to go to sleep as she had not slept the previous day. Mr Rosewood got up, walking towards me, taking my arm and pulling me out the room.

"What did you say to her?" He asked so furious.

"Nothing, she just saw my bruises," I said back causing him to look up to my face then staring me with his calculating eyes.

"Can I stay with her to make sure it does not happen again?"

"Your face will make her have an anxiety and heart attack again."

"And that is all your fault as you did this to me!" I said firmly, poking at his chest. He said nothing as his eyes stayed on my finger which was on his chest, he looked at it for some time before turning around and leaving me standing there.

"Yeah right asshole," I said turning and walking back in the room.