ROSES

I tossed and turned, his voice echoing in my head over and over again leaving me restless all through the night. I swear at some point a pair of warm strong hands pulled me against something hard and warm, my body finally relaxing and drifting away in the cloud of darkness.

"Hey, I leaving now, have a great day." The voice broke through the cloud leaving me perplexed in my head yet I mumbled something, I don't even know what, a pair of warm lips on my forehead then nothing as I turned drifting back to sleep.

My eyes finally fluttered open after a long struggle after that voice. The light shot through making me cringe as I turned, burying myself in the bed hiding away from the brutal rays that wanted to leave me blind. It was a struggle to get out of bed but after huffing and puffing I finally did, not knowing what to do with myself at this particular day. Life was boring, days trickling away as if someone was pressing hard on the fast forward button. I dragged my ass to the bathroom taking a shower, my eyes fell on his wash gel leaving me giddy inside like a kid seeing a jar of cookies just waiting there for her. I snatched it up shamelessly pouring it on my wash cloth, my eyes looking around the room which was stupid because of course he had left hours ago. My mind drifted to his words, the ones that left my mouth gaping out like a fish without water. I was too shocked to even say a thing, my mouth opening only to close. Of course he would not see the day when I was carrying his child or screaming my lungs out for him even though to think of it would be....

Stop!!!!!

I shook my head trying to get a hold of myself these thoughts leaving me flushed and bothered. How could I not be when he said things like that which left me so angry yet so wet, this was crazy!

My feet carried me out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my chest and walking around looking for scissors. I knew what I had to do, there being no going back for me as I found them, my hand shaking, looking at my reflection in the mirror. I sat up on the vanity, legs crossed as if meditating and getting comfortable. I wanted something new, wanting to feel different, a brand new start and this was it.

Without pondering on what I was doing the large chunk of hair floated to the floor, my other hand muffling a scream.

Fuck, what have I done?

Yet my hand went up again cutting another chunk, a laugh escaping my lips not sure if I was crazy or what but it felt good to be rebellious, this being me rebelling and just going crazy. More curly balls of hair spread all over the floor and double vanity sink feeling so free, the mop of tangled hair finally gone cool air kissing my bare skull and when I say bare I mean bare having used a razor to remove the rest that had remained. The fun was suddenly gone as I stared at myself, my head seeming big all of a sudden, corners I had never seen before suddenly popping out leaving me laughing so hard as if I had lost my mind  but I looked so terrible I just could not help myself.

After cleaning up everything I went to get dressed in some sweats then going to make breakfast the day spent watching TV and more eating because I swear by the time I get out of here I would be as fat as a pig.  It was five o'clock in the evening when I decided to just spoil myself with a good home cooked meal. All the windows were thrown open, the cool air making the place seem so clean and fresh, the sky darkening outside with the loud sound of cars honking, people walking around so loud even up here, the lights of the city made a gorgeous view which just made my heart purr. The music channel was on doing a little dance now and then, my apron on, the pots steaming- it just being a lovely evening my spirit lifted feeling like myself again.

The plate was out just waiting for two minutes for the food to cool down before dishing. The table was set for one. If no one wants to take you out on a date girl, you should take yourself out and that was what I was doing, spoiling myself with delicious food, the smell nearly driving me crazy as I drooled all over my pots doing a little dance to the slow and sexual song it's lyrics leaving me blushing and laughing to myself yet still swaying my hips as if a pair of hands were guiding them.

Turning around I froze in tow, jaw on the floor, my heart about to spill out, my eyes locking with a pair of dark eyes taking me in as he leaned on the wall hand in pocket, a smirk on his face leaving me flustered and so embarrassed. I tore my gaze from him, looking for something else that would catch my attention yet coming back to this sexy beast of a man that had his legs crossed, shoulder leaning on the wall, the four top buttons undone, jacket tossed over the shoulder looking so exhausted yet dashing, excitement brimming in his eyes.

"What a beautiful sight to come home to."

That man and that stupid mouth of his!

I turned on my heel before he could see me blush so hard it was a shame, biting my lower lip like a teenager, my heart not taking this lightly as it went frantic leaving me breathless opening my pot and starring even though the stove was off.

" I got something for you," his voice fanned my skin making me jump only drawing closer to him as my back hit his chest, caged in front of him, swallowing hard as I turned holding my head up wanting to put a stop to all this  I felt yet how could I.

My curiosity peaked up as I stared at him those dark lips looking moist and ready for ravishing. I tore my eyes from them looking down to his hands, my eyes obviously not missing the bare chest and my hands just itching to touch.

Urge, someone needs to get laid, I thought yet that was out of the question so I would take little pleasures like these, he was my husband after all.

Finally pulling from his chest my eyes drifted down to his sides seeing one of his hands behind his back.

"What is it?" I asked trying to hide my excitement, hell I loved gifts and the last I got one, well it was ..... a few years, okay a lot of years back.

He pulled out his hand, my heart drumming not being able to help the smile that graced my lips. Never in my life had I ever been given flowers. I stared at them shocked and even dazed. They were so beautiful, red beautiful roses, a lot of them if I have to mention.

"Well I was passing by this shop and this lady just kept on begging me to support her business, she was so persistent I just could not say no." He said, eyes looking anywhere but me as if he was a young boy in love. I could not help the laugh shaking my head, he looked so cute.

"Really now?" I asked as he buried his head on the crook of my neck.

"Yes," He said, feeling him take in my scent, expecting his hot lips yet he pulled away giving me the roses which I took, my heart flipping in my chest.

"Well thank the persistent woman for me." I said back.

"I will." He replied, his hands around my waist, mine on his shoulders holding the flowers and staring right at him. It was amazing how it felt so natural to just be in his arms. There was this chemistry between us, my body just melting into his, no shame felt there. Lord, I loved it when he held me, it felt so good and just for a few seconds it felt as if we were a real couple.

"What is for dinner?"

"I don't know about you but I am having some creamy delicious prawns with pasta." I told him bragging to him because there was no way he was getting anywhere near my food.

"What do you mean, I am starving."

"Then you better start cooking." I told him, his face turning serious making me chuckle.

"Now don't be like this, I thought we were in this together." He said tightening his hold on me bringing me closer to him, my arms locking at the back of his neck, his scent leaving me drunk and dazed loving every hint of it.

"Last time I gave you my food you barely ate a spoon before rudely walking out never to be seen for two days so no." I pointed out and yes of course I had been waiting to let that out for days now. Such a rude man.

He stared at me perplexed trying to work it out in his mind before his eyes trailed back to me.

"Urgh, I am so sorry, there was an emergency and I just had to rush to work. Your food was delicious." He said, his face just an inch away, lips just a breath away, my heart drumming against his chest loving this play-ish side of him.

"Okay, I guess I can spare another plate." I said seeing him brighten up.

"Lovely, let me get the wine."

He waltzed away from me, moving around the kitchen pulling out a bottle of wine, the jacket long forgotten on the counter. He looked like a different person all together, what happened to him? I could not help but ask, he had a bounce in his step, a smile on his face and Mr 'I don't like talking' was suddenly talking away.

I plated the food, carrying everything to the small round table which was now set for two. I sat down, the food steaming in front of my eyes, the smell having me close my eyes taking a deep breath then exhaling, a calmness just falling over me. The music played on the background, lights dimmed with the wind sending the curtains dancing.

"Wine?" He asked standing right next to me the sleeves of his shirt folded up, his hair ruffled making him look more like a bad boy than a mafia king.

"Yes please." I said watching him pour the wine rather generously which I was thankful for, my eyes trailing on his form as he made his way around the table pouring his own glass full before taking his seat eyes immediately arresting mine, catching me in the act of watching him like a stalker.

I tore my eyes away, clearing my throat as if something was just caught there. I picked up my fork, my food suddenly seeming more interesting as I dug in, the pasta just slipping through so delicious and spicy it was heaven not being able to help the moan.

This was heaven.

We were in silence, the food too good for any of us to talk as we just wiped our plates clean leaving nothing trying so hard to hold myself from licking the plate.

"I think you just ruined and other food for me," He said making me laugh out loud, my belly full and warm as I took the sip of the mind blowing wine leaving my tongue buzzing.

"Good thing you made me your wife." I said giggling.

"Yeah," he replied taking a sip of his wine.

"Why did you do it anyway? I mean you could have anyone." I asked the question I had been asking myself for so long.

He placed his glass on the table, eyes on me like really looking at me making me look away feeling uncomfortable under his scorching gaze that left me burning.

"I don't know, I like you and I really wanted to settle down so why not with my own little personal spy." He said, eyes not moving from me filled with a hint of laughter.

"What?" I asked seeing him try so hard not to laugh.

"Lord you were so horrible at your job." He said bursting out laughing as I quickly picked up a napkin and throwing it at him.

"Hey!" I shot out.

"I was not that bad!" I said back feeling offended.

"Yes you were,"

"I got you didn't I?" I pointed out to him scoffing in the process.

"Because I let you get me."

"When did you know?" The question flew out of my mouth wanting to know how long he had known.

"At the ball," He said back.

Wow, so long.

"So you were just using me to get whatever you wanted from Interpol just as they did." The amusement was gone now realising how I had been played for a fool by both of them. He wanted Interpol and Interpol wanted him, forget about poor Melissa who they can just all push around to their advantage.

"And what were you doing, were you not using me, you even got Grams into this," He said accusing as we stared at each other, his eyes were daring me, a hint of anger there making me tear my eyes from him.

"I did not," I said lightly the lie burning my tongue as it rolled out, shame pouring on me, hating myself.

"Lying is not your best suite love." He pointed out, my head snapping to him, my hands shaking, anger filling me leaving me hot and fuming.

"I was doing my job."

"And I was doing my job." He stared back.

"And what is your job exactly, killing and kidnapping people, raping innocent girls!" I shot out, my words like burning lava watching him open his mouth only to close it.

Yeah, take that bitch!