TRAPPED

I sat in the bar stool eyes not moving from the elevator, eyes droopy yet I could not sleep, my knees on my chest with arms holding my feet on the stool. Exhaustion weighed heavy on me yet I could not sleep, had to wait and see, had to be awake for when he got here. There was no way I could leave the room, they had made sure of that, the elevator being the only way in and out and I did not have a key. The happiness had drained away leaving me sober waiting for my jailer.

Fear gripped me yet I knew that I would take all he gave to me for I would rather die with his hand than any other. My lips trembled seeming not to stop crying, the hot tears itchy against my skin, the room turned cold as I waited the minutes turning into hours.

How had he even escaped them? Was he working for them now meaning he would turn me in or kill me on their behalf?  My body trembled, truly no way out for me. Truly I was fucked. I slipped out of the chair finally walking around the counter. The food I had been eating sat there now cold because how could I eat when my death was just at the door. My feet pat against the cold tile, the pain from my wound like water on a duck's back there being too much pain tearing through me to feel it as I opened the drawer finding the cutlery and pulling out the knife, holding it tight against my hand not sure I would even be able to use it against him, not even sure I could kill him if it came to it. Flashes from Marlin's house left me pale, the knife shaking in my grasp nearly falling to the floor yet I held on to it my eyes sore, barely having slept in three days, crying my heart out most of the time. The silence was driving me crazy, making my heart hammer even harder in my chest waiting for him to come and condemn me to my fate yet nothing. The hours passed, pacing all around trying to keep my sanity yet nothing, the sun rose, it's beautiful rays cast through the glass window making the whole place heavenly.

My feet were sore and I knew that I would soon have to put them down yet if I sat on the couch I knew I would surely sleep, knew I would drift off and he would catch me and do whatever he wanted with me. I lowered my body to the floor, sitting directly looking at the elevator, legs crossed as if I was meditating knife still in my hand held so hard my skin burned. My yes did not waver, feeling the tiredness get to me, my head pounding, the last few days catching up on me making it hard to fight, making it hard to keep my eyes open as they closed only to flutter open and close again, my mind trying so hard to fight off the sleep yet my body too tired to listen feeling myself drop to the floor, a clutter filling the room yet I was too gone to care, everything going black.

A knife was in my hand, hands that were covered in blood my body sitting on top of him, his cold pale eyes staring at me, my head shaking.

What had I done?

Blood pooled around him over the floor, my hands shaking so bad trying so hard to keep the blood from spilling out yet not being able to stop the bleeding seeing the life slip from his eyes not leaving mine knowing that I had killed him, knowing that I had killed him. The sob left me badly shaking the pain tearing through me making me throw my head back, crying my heart out.

What had I done?

I was a monster, I was a monster!

My body stirred, eyes shooting open only to lock with the same eyes that had looked so lifeless nearly making me scream, my hands shaking, my whole body shaking not able to tear my eyes from his as he watched me analysing me, my chest heavily rising only to fall not believing what I saw.

"You're alive," the words escaped my lips never been so happy to see someone only for my smile to drop everything hitting me like a brick. I scrabbled up, my eyes laying back on the bed? And the messy sheets? Could feel the beads of sweat on my forehead trickling down my body so hot as if it would burst.

I looked around seeing the darkness from the glass window not helping with my confusion really but knowing that I had to get the hell away from him, knowing that I had to escape him and have an advantage point over him.

"You didn't eat." It was the first thing that spilled out of his lips taking me back nearly making me laugh, watching him watch me. His face was something of a wonder- beautiful; a face that I thought I would never see, a face I wanted to touch so back, just to place my finger and see if it was real, see if indeed it was him because at this moment I did not care that he wanted to kill me, did not care that he would turn me in but just for this second I let my heart beat as I looked into his beautiful eyes everything suddenly seeming to melt away, the heavy weight on my shoulders pulled away as finally, finally I could breath. Finally I could breath and could not help the tear that slipped from my eye not one of sadness but one of happiness.

His arms quickly pulled me in his chest just like old times, feeling like home as my own wrapped around him holding for dear life as if he was the air I breathe, as if he was my reason to live. His hand brushed up and down my back, holding me so tight as if afraid I would disappear, as if afraid I would vanish just in front of his eyes. I don't know how long we sat there but I never wanted to leave his arms. He would kill me if he wanted and I would gladly die because at this moment a sudden peace fell over me making me know that it was okay, that whatever happened next was okay.

"I am sorry I took so long," His voice left my eyes closed, the sound that sent my heart frantic, the voice that I would not mind to hear every day. I did not even know what he was talking about but found myself nodding my head too emotional to talk, my fingers drawing on his shirt feeling his muscles as he held me feeling his chest rise and fall so calmly against my own that was far from calm.

"How is grandma?" I asked not even knowing if I wanted to hear the answer, holding my breath an d holding on tighter not knowing if I could take knowing.

"Good, she is awake and kicking with a whole lot of demands just giving me a headache." He said shaking his head as I laughed or tried to, happy to hear that, feeling some of the weight taken off, happy for him, happy to know she was back knowing I would not be able to take another loss, not this soon. Silence followed after, my head buried in the crook of his neck taking in his amazing scent that drove me crazy.

"Are you going to kill me?" The words spilled from my lips, my voice nearly breaking, still in his arms the warmth making me sigh waiting for his response but already knowing it yeti just could not come to terms with it.

"Should I?"

"Seriously, I rather you than your new best friends." I said shaking my head and pulling away from the comfort of his embrace, staring at his face seeing the purple bruises over his face knowing that I had put him there, his lip busted yet he still held that smirk that made me so mad.

"I have another offer," He said, the smirk on his face growing making me worry knowing that from his look I was not going to like this even one bit but what was worse than dying?

His eyes stared at me dancing with mischief making me shift, his hands on my waist both of us so near we were literally breathing the same air, a shiver running down my spine.

"Okay," I said unsure if I really wanted to hear it.

"You marry me."

Wait what?

"I am sorry I did not hear you right?"

"You did," He said, his eyes not moving from mine confusion all that clouded me as I tried to sort what was happening here, had they hit him too hard? I stared at his face.

"Are you sure you are okay?" I asked looking at his face, my hands on his face looking all around to see for head wounds. I had to see because this was crazy even for him but realising that as much as he was badly beat up there were no threatening wounds, his face looking so amused as he watched me having me decide to play along to see where this goes.

"What makes you think I will marry you, why should I?"  I asked amused myself.

"Well Melissa, you are being hunted like a dog out there and as much as your hiding skills threw even me off for a couples of days I still found you and don't even hold your breath, all I have to do is grab my phone and they would be here in a second."

Any feelings that I had for this creep were just thrown out the window like that. He was such an ass, watching him seething in anger. They were all the same, stupid assholes using me whenever they want to. Lord I hate these men, they were perfect for each other. I swallowed hard the smirk on his face making me sick.

"Oohh, I forgot, you are their bitch now." I spit out wishing to just smack that pretty face.

"Now be careful little girl, you are not as smart as you think and I could still end you." He said now near my ear feeling his hot breath fanning my skin, his voice icy leaving me with goose bumps.

"Your question of my intelligence angers me just like they had thought they were smart." He threw his head back an evil laugh escaping his lips leaving me pale not sure what his words meant not even sure I wanted to know, sitting there  his hands still on my waist.

"I know what you did little girl and you fell right in my trap." He said knowing at that moment that yet again I was in real shit.