Reckless but Protected

'She's with Klaus. Guys......she's still alive' Bonnie said her eyes shining.

There was a absolute silence for one whole minute. Then the room exploded with whoops and exclamations while you found yourself leaning against the wall for support.

She's alive........

After three days of mourning, Bonnie's Sight finally cleared up and she saw her. Albiet taken hostage by Klaus, but alive and breathing.

Your little sister Elena was alive!

After the adrenaline wore off, there were plans and cautions being made. Elena always got everyone out and now, its our time. The entire gang was there, planning and plotting. We knew Klaus. He wouldn't just keep her alive out of the goodness of her heart. He had to have an ulterior motive.

But all this made you really irritated. Don't they realize? When you saw Elena blow up with that house, your entire world stopped for a second. You adored your little sister and now, now when you finally found out that she has actually been alive the entire time, they were making plans and being careful?

Okay alright, it was the smart and logical thing to do but right now yo weren't thinking rationally. The concept of rational belonged to another universe when it came to Elena for you.

So you quietly got up and slipped out of the back door.

Elena was alive.

And you didn't know how but you were gonna get her back.

And nothing could stop you.

........except for the hard wall that suddenly popped out of nowhere making you slam face first into it.

Cursing under your breath you stumbled back a little before realizing that it wasn't a wall. It was actually the rock hard chest of Damon Salvatore.

'Going somewhere?' he cocked his head to the side.

' I'm tired. I'm going home' you shrugged noncomittedly. You knew him. If he got to know where you were going, he'd tie you up and lock you till he could convince you out of it. Its crazy really. You two had started out as what one would call 'hate at first sight'. Always making comments and jabs at each other, trying to one up on the scoreboard. It just kind of happened. Elena and Stefan were dating, and you two as the older siblings just had one of those 'special' bonds where you hate each other's guts immediately.

Then eventually, when that Katherine mess was resolved, and Damon toned down his 'villain' persona, things changed. Earlier, when you used to glare at each other, he sometimes genuinely scared you. But slowly, you both got more comfortable with each other. Our little group of wierdos, filled with supernaturals, grew closer and you and Damon, as the two oldest, somehow unknowingly took on the duty of protectors. 

As for you two, your feelings for each other changed from hatred to reluctant respect, a deep rooted pact being formed. Even the spiteful comments turned to snarky flirting.

But the most significant change that happened was the growing comfort and trust that seemed to have slithered in between you two, without either of you knowing. You two weren't a couple, not by a long shot. But the trust and protective stance was all there.

'Home? Seriously? That's what you're going with?' he snorted, rolling his eyes.

'Damon just get out of my way' you sighed, side stepping him and continued walking. You didn't have any time to waste.

'Yeah.....I don't think so. We both know where you're really going and we both know i'm not going let you go, so lets just save both of us a lot of time and effort and go back' he said, grabbing your elbow in a firm grip, turning you around to face him.

'If you know where I'm going then you'd let me go right now. You know I won't stop till I do it' you said, your eyes hard.

'And that is exactly why I can't leave your side for the next couple of days' he retorted, started to pull you by the elbow back to inside the house.

'Damon!' you shouted, having lost you patience, ripping your arm from his grip 'I just found out that my little sister, who I thought was dead, is alive. How can you even think of stopping me from going and getting her!' you yelled at him feeling your eyes start to prickle.

He just watched you, his face expressionless before he stepped forward again and took your face in his hands, forcing you to maintain eye contact with him.

'(Y/N)' he said softly 'Elena needs her sister right now-no, don't interrupt me, let me speak' he said, cutting you off as you opened your mouth to tell him that that is the only reason he should let you go.

'Elena needs the sister who is always calm and in control of the situation. Elena needs the sister she sees everyday, the sister she can depend upon. The sister that will march up to Klaus and make sure she get her back because Elena's sister always has a plan. Now you know who Elena does not need? Her older sister, who is completely unprepared, totally lost and frantic and out of control and has no idea what she would do once she actually manages to find her. She does not need her sister, who I'm pretty sure she's depending on right now, to come and end up getting captured- and maybe killed- just because she's reckless and rushed into things as soon as she got to know that her little sister is alive.' he said, his fingers softly tracing your cheekbones.

'Damon....' you said in a hushed whisper before you felt a lone tear sneaking its way out of your eye and down your cheek. His left pointer finger wiped it away before it was even halfway down.

Sighing, you gave in, wrapping your arms around his neck, burying your face in his shoulder.

' I'm scared Damon' you whimpered, knowing you'd regret this moment of vulnerability later, but right now all of your past adrenaline fading, leaving you incredibly tired.

His arms wrapped themselves tightly around your waist, pulling you as close a possible before he leaned his head on yours, breathing out heavily. 

'I know Princess.........we all are' he sighed.

'Damon?'

'Yeah?'

'Thank you' you mumbled, your cheeks blushing for some weird reason.

'Hey, can't have you dying now can we?' he smirked

'Oh god, for a second there, I almost thought you were being nice' you retorted.

And as his booming laugh filled the quite night, you found yourself smiling. We'd get Elena back now. You were sure of it. 

And you were even more sure that things were back to normal, your little moment of crazy recklessness forgotten.

And you only had Damon to thank for that.

________________________________________________________________________________

Waddup mah peeps!

Sorry this took so long, was kinda preoccupied but HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!

I MEAN 10K VIEWS??!!!

THATS CRAZY! AND TRUST ME GUYS I APPRECIATE VERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WHO TAKES OUT THE TIME TO ACTUALLY READ MY LITTLE ATTEMPTS AT WRITING. THIS MAY NOT BE SUCH A HUGE DEAL FOR SOME, BUT FOR ME ITS A HUGE MILESTONE.

SO A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY MAKE MY DAY.

ONCE AGAIN, DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE AND SHARE, LEMME KNOW IF YOU LIKED THIS ONE AND IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR STUFF. AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS ALWAYS WELCOME.

PEACE OUT

STAY BEAUTIFUL

I<3CHOC35