Inevitable

You slammed the door of the Salvatore Manor shut with a bang, cursing under your breath as you walked into the pouring rain. 

This was the limit.

Damon Salvatore had officially lost it.

I mean why can't he just trust the fact that you can take care of yourself! You're not some whiny damsel in distress who needs him to save her ass every day. And it wasn't like you were going to some freak zombie bar, it was just a simple club. You were an adult and you didn't need him to be so over-protective all the time, you already have one father thank you very much.

But no, he feels that you're more 'vulnerable' to werewolf and rabid attacks when he wasn't beside you. He didn't understand that even before you two started dating, you were still able to protect yourself from dangerous supernaturals. Heck, he was one of the top most supernaturals threatening your very existence, considering he wanted to kill you at every point of time.

And when you two started dating, he got this strange kind of.....paranoia that now every vampire out there was out for your blood.

You angrily huffed as you opened the door of your car and got it 'One day I swear I'm going to.......' you muttered before banging the door shut.

No.

You knew weren't. You couldn't.

Taking deep breaths you leaned your head against the steering wheel. No matter how annoying he was, you knew he only meant the best. He had let down those iron hard walls just for you and he was, for once in his life, genuinely afraid. Afraid of something happening to you. 

Yes, you and him just had one of your major fights, and yes, you had just stormed out of his house screaming, but you knew, sooner or later you would find yourself in his arms again. Cause no matter how crazy or angry you were at each other you ended up back together. He was this big bag of fire that exploded every now and then, and you were the only one that could keep up. This fight was bad, and you were still fuming, but you both knew how it would end. 

Sighing to yourself, you pulled out of the driveway and started on your way back home.

We'll see who'll end up on whose doorstep first. You wondered if it will be one of those fights where one of you showed up defiant and demanding, or the kind where one of you came in, begging and pleading. Honestly with him, there was no in between.

You were so lost in thought that you didn't notice the sharp turn that had just become a necessity due to the construction going, and you car swerved in the last second, slam hitting a tree.

You don't even had time to scream before everything turned black.

________________________________________________________________________________

Your eyes felt heavy and there was dull buzzing in your head. You entire body felt heavy and useless. All in all, you felt like shit. 

The last thing you remembered was that flash of a big, tall tree. Slowly you opened your eyes and looked around. Wow this was a heavily cliched scene. I mean waking up in a white, spotless room? 

After a moment that annoying buzzing stopped and you looked up to find an elderly doctor peering down at you from behind rimmed glasses. 

'Hello sweetie, you feeling better now? That was a nasty accident you were in huh? You barely just made it, but you're a strong fighter........... Okay then, you'll be staying here a few weeks before we release you.' she smiled kindly down at you before noting something down in her notepad. You even barely heard her, your mind was already occupied. But she put a stop to that too 'Oh and, there's this fine young man who hasn't left your door since the time you got here. He wasn't allowed in before but now that you're awake, I can send him in if you want?' she asked.