I Thought You Were Dead!

You woke up with a start, gasping loudly and looked around, suddenly alert as hell. It took a moment to realize where you were: Damon's bedroom. It took another moment for the events to come rushing back. You remembered how when the plan to stop Klaus's heart hadn't worked out so well, he had stormed over to you and snapped your neck. You glanced down towards your right hand and saw the reason you weren't dead. Jeremy's ring. He had given it to you when you, despite Damon's VERY firm order to stay in the house, had sneaked into school.

Why did you go? Because of Damon. You two were..... on shaky grounds to say the least. You made the mistake of being his friend when he found out about Katherine. You talked to him and it sparked something in him. You were the only human, alongside Matt and Jeremy in the gang, which of course meant that you were one of the weak links. Well, according to him. But that's not true. You weren't weak. You made sure of that. Your fighting instinct kicked in when you realized that your world was not normal anymore. That you had to keep up with the adverse amount of strange that had kicked into your life.

So you took lessons from Rick. After a while Elena joined in and you became great friends. And Damon should know that you didn't need his over bearing ways to keep alive. You can do that yourself, thank you very much. He had taken it up as a sort of mission in life to keep you alive and safe and it had been sweet at first, and you won't deny, a little hot; but today when he 'demanded' that you, and I quote 'for once do what you you're told so that he didn't have to save your ass', it set something off inside of you.

No matter how much close you two were, you were defiant by default. And maybe going into a place filled with vampires and a very motivated vampire hunter wasn't the smartest but you helped Elena escape in the end so that little detail pushed down the dread in your gut that maybe this time you had gone too far. You were seriously dreading facing him but you had to do it. You got out of bed and realized with a flush that you were only dressed in one of Damon's large sweatshirts that swallowed you up. Someone must have dressed you since your clothes were obviously too torn up and bloodied.

You walked downstairs searching for him. The house seemed empty. Stefan had probably picked up on his mood and left. Traitor.

You were passing the balcony when you saw out of the corner of your eye. He made quite a picture, wearing just loose joggers that hung low on his hips, his boxers peeking out. He had a glass of bourbon in his hand, leaning against the railing. He didn't glance towards your way though you knew he had noticed you.

Exhaling deeply you stepping in after him. Here goes.

You walked over and stood beside him.

'Damon?' you whispered.

He tilted his head slightly to glance your way. 'Go back to my room' he said shortly, before taking a sip.

Okay, so he wasn't just mad. He was downright furious this time. You felt like you were walking on thin ice as you drew in another breadth. He so wasn't making this easy.

'Damon listen to me' you said quietly, not sure what could set him off. He was a ticking time bomb right now and you weren't sure if you wanted him to explode or not.

'I said, go to my room' he said slowly and dangerously 'before I do something I'll regret.'

'Damon please just talk to me. I understand that you're angry at me but we need to talk and I can't take you not being to even look at me'

Wrong move.

He moved too fast for you to adjust and the next thing you knew you were pressed against the railing so that your back was in the air, with your lower half completely pinned against the railing by his body. He grasped onto your face tightly and brought his face close to yours.