Chapter 1: April McKenzie

(edited)

To give you small tips the story is mostly going to be in April's pov.
All rights reserved so please don't copy me or I'll have to stab you.

*cue evil laughter *

Just kidding... But please don't copy.. I don't mind if you get inspired but otherwise all rights reserved.

This story has parts that are based on a true life. But only some parts.

Please support me in writing this story.

Read for read!
Vote for vote!

To hurt is as human as to breathe.
-J.K Rowling

*****
Chapter 1: April McKenzie

Listen to the song Begin again by Taylor Swift
******

It's that day again. The second of January was always a sad day for me.

The day of the memorial seemed even worse than the funeral!
The flowers and the pictures, they were all just too much to take in.

It's 5pm I'm supposed to be getting ready for an outing with my friends by 7:15pm but I don't feel like getting ready! Let's just say I'm lazy?

It's a cool winter evening, I can see the gardeners chit chatting with each other as they trim the trees. I didn't have the best view from the window I was currently looking out of so I decided to take a stroll along the street.

Just as I walk downstairs, "Good evening, April" my dad says as he enters the house to just rush back to his office.

My dad is a director in Hollywood he's done many famous movies and so as lucky as I am, I have gotten to meet many actors on set as well as at countless parties.

My mom and dad got a divorce about two years back which wasn't very pleasant since I was always closer to mom and dad got to keep me...
Mom wasn't happy when she lost the custody battle, so she didn't really talk much to dad anymore unless it concerned me.

Don't get me wrong! I love my Dad, but it's just that mom was my anchor in the worst possible times.

My house was huge it was more of a mansion than a house. But not that I wanted it, I was just lucky to have it.
I'd prefer to live in a cottage in the middle of nowhere but I don't think anyone gets what they want, so I don't complain.

"Hey Dad" I replied but soon realized that he had already slammed the door of his office. He was always busy. I hardly had time to say hello to him.
I cannot even remember the last time the two of us sat together and spoke more than two words.

I walked out of the house and strolled across my huge garden towards the fence, as I stared out at the people passing by.

Most of the houses on our street still had their Christmas decorations put up. The red and green colors decked the entire street.

I watched as my neighbors passed by, then I saw a small boy on roller skates waved as he passed by.

After a while I saw a boy in a black hoodie, exactly like the one I was wearing then. I had gotten it for my 14th birthday and I never gave it up cause it was just too comfy!

The boy in front of me was on his bike, he had brown eyes reminding me of my own. His face was covered with a bike mask.

He was staring at me with wide eyes, I couldn't help but stare back. It was like something told me that I should know him.