Chapter 20: Expecting the Unexpected

Nothing ends nicely, that's why it ends. 

-- Tom Cruise

*******

Chapter 20: Expecting the Unexpected

Listen to the song Versace on the floor by Bruno Mars.

********

It's about the fifth time I fiddled with my hair making sure it was alright.

"Would you relax! You look amazing!'' Ethan said chuckling as he placed one hand on my thigh and the other remaining on the steering wheel.

The close proximity made me twitch even more. I just gave him an uneasy smile in return. After what felt like hours Ethan's hand, finally leaves my thigh.

As he parked the car in the school parking lot, I remembered today morning and how I had stormed out and gotten drunk.

Even though Peyton had warned me against drinking that night, I of course did the opposite. In my small silver purse, hid a flask of alcohol I planned on sharing with nobody.

Most people would probably think I'm acting like a sociopath over something this small, but I basically ratted out my entire life to a git who thought playing with my feelings would be a great joke. Some of those secrets if told to the wrong person could lead to alot of chaos. 

As I got out of the car with a little help from Ethan we walked straight into those godforsaken doors and entered high school homecoming.

As we arrived to the indoor basketball court, I noticed how well it was decorated the theme being winter there were miniature snowflakes covering almost the entire wall, the basketball court didn't look like one anymore.

As if on cue Peyton came running towards me, Harvey  a few feet behind. She was wearing a short grey dress with silver bead embroidery till the waist and the back was held by nothing more than a clip across her flawlessly tanned back.

''You look

''You look... Whoa" I said admiring her wishing my mom could start taking her for photoshoots rather than me.

"Please gurl! Have you seen yourself? You look, Oh my gosh!'' she announced. "Not to mention Ethan is swooning over you so much it looks like you could get laid tonight!" she whispered into my ear.

I chuckled and thanked her for helping me get sober before homecoming.

"Hey April you wanna dance?" Ethan asked.

"Sure" I said taking his hand and walking to the dance floor. He placed one hand on the small on my back and the other found its way lower down my waist.

As the flow song continued Ethan and I joked about it how Mr. Carter needed hair transplant and how I don't trust the cosmetics I model for.

The evening was going on just fine, currently I was dancing with Harvey as he said I owed him a dance. All of a sudden his grip on me tightened as his face became cold as ever and his eyes focused on something or rather someone behind me.