Chapter 24: Jersey

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

--William Shakespeare.

********

Chapter 24: Jersey

Listen to the song She Looks So Perfect by 5 seconds of summer.

******

April's POV

"Go Harvey!" Scarlet screeched by my side as Harvey went straight ahead shooting a basket putting Redhawks in the lead with a score of 20-18 .

Even though I hardly pay attention to basketball matches knowing that it's pretty boring...for me at least. Today I had my full attention on the game.

Maybe it was because of the fact that every girl at the game was giving me the stink eye, so to ignore them why not pay attention to a ball being bounced and thrown around by a bunch of jocks.

Guess why I was getting the stink eye?

Cause your girl, April McKenzie did a very bad thing! I agreed to wear James' jersey for the match, not agreed but more like forced to.
Okay fine I'll admit I agreed.

Earlier that day

"Are you bat shit crazy!" I asked more like screamt.

"You're wearing it whether you like it or not!" James said glaring at me.

"No I'm not!" I said giving him his jersey back.

"Yes you are!" he said pushing it back to me.

"Why!?" I asked.

"Cause I want to-you know!"

"No I don't know!"

"Just stop being naïve for once April and get the fact that I like you into your head!" he shouted.

Thankfully we were in the theatre room where the drama club practiced cause otherwise I swear the whole school would've heard that.

My blush stained my cheeks to a perfect crimson red and my eyes jumped out of the my sockets.

"Yeah, okay I like you at least one thing's off my shoulders!" he sighed.

"Pinch me!" I shouted.

"What?'' he asked a look of concern washed over his face.

"I said pinch me" I said stressing on each word this time.

"Why why would-"

"Just do it please" I said angrily.

So without questioning me further he gave me a rather painful pinch on my left arm.

"Ow!" I screeched accusingly.

"Sorry Kit-kat but you did ask for it!"

"So I'm not dreaming and as a matter of fact you did tell me you like me?'' I asked me eyes taking a seriously bulging state.

"Hate to break it to you babe but yea you're not dreaming" he huffed and put his hands in his pockets.

"James I'm not your type" I said quietly.

"That's exactly my type" he smirked taking a step closer to me.

"What do you mean?" I whispered as I realized he was dangerously close.