Chapter 42: No Regrets

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you will never enjoy the sunshine.

--Morris West

*******

Chapter 42: No Regrets

Listen to the song Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly ft. Camilla Cabello.

********

"I'm not letting you go without a yes!" Peyton said stubbornly.

We were sitting on the benches after running laps around the ground for P.E and she was convincing me to come for a party the school gossip queen, Ashley was having.

"I have better plans" I lied.

"Oh really? Amuse me" she said taking a sip of water.

"Ummm- I'm going to be painting. Yes! I'm repainting my room" I lied.

"Don't fucking lie to me. The best you could have been doing would be having sex with James but since you've been withholding that for like two weeks the only thing you could be doing is watching Riverdale!" Kath said rolling her eyes.

"Is it my fault! I mean I just wish FP and Alice could get married already! I mean they are so cute together!" I said honestly.

"I know right, I mean I would have been totally against it but when Hal cheated on Alice and did all those awful things I felt like killing him so I'm hoping Falice will get- April stop diverting my attention! You're coming for the party and that's final" she huffed out.

"As long as I can wear sweats!" I said hopelessly.

"No way! We're going to look B-E-A-utiful!" she said grinning.

"Oh god" I sighed as the bell rang and we went to the locker room and got changed and headed for our respective classes.

"Hey Kit-Kat, something bothering you?" James asked as he took his seat next to me.

"Nah" I said as he pecked my lips.

"You want to go get some ice cream after class?" he asked and I nodded and smiled.

The rest of the day went normally, just like this entire week had gone.

Jasper was talking to me relatively normaly but every now and then I'd catch him giving James the stink eye.

"I'll pick you up by 8pm for the party okay?" James asked me as I ate my butterscotch ice-cream.

"You're coming too?" I asked.

"What you think I'm going to let you go by yourself when I know there's going be like thousands of guys ogling you?" James asked as I spotted the green eyed monster.

"C'mon don't you trust me?" I asked playfully.

"I trust you Kit-Kat! But I just don't trust them. Also last time you went to a party you for kidnapped" he replied sternly.

"Ummm... Sorry to interrupt but hey I'm like your biggest fan and I want to grow up and become a model just like you" a small girl who looked about eight years old.

"Oh really?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Yes! Can you please sign my T-shirt?" the girl asked with a big smile.

"Sure, what's your name?" I asked as I took the pen from her and signed the back of her T-shirt.

"Bella!" she said smiling shyly.