Chapter 28: Catching Up

It takes less time to do the right thing than to explain why you did it wrong.

--H.W. Longfellow

*********
Chapter 28: Catching Up

Listen to the song Say Something by Sam Smith.

******

April's POV

Two weeks.

Two weeks since it all ended.

To say I cried would be a complete and utter understatement.
Cause every time I had the chance I was crying.

It was either because I saw him in the hallway or because I found out about the newspaper article only two days after the break up.

I wanted to talk to him, to tell him I never said anything like that but he didn't even look at me anymore. It was like everything we had was a figment of my imagination.

Mom stood by me and comforted me as I cried on her lap almost every night. While Dad, he was pleased that I wasn't going to be near James anymore.

Every night I had a different friend sleeping over since my mom had left a week back.

Starting with Peyton, Scarlet, Harvey, Dean and even Jasper, which was weird at first but I didn't even care anymore.

Jasper was with me at that very moment I was sitting infront of my window and staring at the stars, something I got used to for a good distraction.

"Hey what's this?" Jasper asked lifting up a small notebook from my table.

My eyes widened with realisation as I ran towards him and lunged for the book holding it close to my chest.

"Nothing" I answered.

"If it was your diary all you-" he started.

"It's not a diary" I mumbled.

"What is it then?"

"My songbook" I mumbled quietly.

"Your songbook?" he asked surprised.
I nodded not looking up.

I'm a songwriter, I'll admit. In my free time I try to write songs but I've never told anyone about them.

"Sing one of them, please" he said so innocently.

"They're stupid" I shrugged.

"Please! Please please!" he begged.

"No, they're stupid really!"

"April do you like to sing?" he asked me, taking me by surprise by the sudden question that I wasn't expecting.

"Yes" I replied honestly.

"Why?" he asked.

"What?" I asked my eyebrows creasing.

"Why do you like to sing?" he repeated.

"Because, when I sing I get lost in the notes of the song. Cause when I sing I feel like the world around me is just a blur and all that's there is the music and I. It makes me forget about the worst possible things that could happen to me. I love singing" I mutter loud enough for him to hear me.

I look up to him and I saw a smile plastered on his face. Not a grin, not a smirk, a reassuring and loving smile. The type of smile I need when I'm down.