Chapter 10: Sleepover

(edited)

You're never wrong to do the right thing.

--Anonymous

Chapter 10: Sleepover

Listen to the song Raincheck by Hannah Jane Lewis.

***********

"No, way I'm playing snakes and ladders it's way too babyish!" Peyton exclaimed.

Harvey, Peyton and I were all sitting together in my room trying to decide what to play.
Problem was the game we wanted to play was either too babyish in Peyton's way of putting it.

"It's 7'O clock Pey and all the games you've seen are too boring and babyish. Don't you think it's you who might be too babyish!?" Harvey complained.

"Harv!!!!" Peyton said taking the pillow and smacking his head with it.

"Okay okay guys stop it" I said taking the pillow away from Peyton.

"Okay. How about we tell each other something like who we want to go with to the Charity Ball??!!!!!?" Peyton asked.

"I'm not going to the Ball!" Harvey exclaimed.

"Why?!?!?" Peyton and I asked together.

"Cause I don't want to ask anyone to be my date unlike you girls we guys have to ask the girl out." Harvey explained cooly.

"That is so not true we're in the 21st century a girl can ask the boy too. For example would you like to go with me to the dance?" Peyton asked.

"What?!" Harv and I spoke together.

"You heard me Harvey, go with me cause anyways I don't want to go with any of those guys who have been rumoured to want to go with me and you don't want to ask anyone so why not go together?" She said as Harvey just stared at her. "For God's sake Harvey I'm asking you to go with me as a friend nothing more!" Peyton explained.

"Ohh as a friend? Then I'll come with you!" Harvey said cooly.

"Umm guys does this mean I'm going alone??" I asked, "no you could always go with Justin" Peyton said.

"Umm Harvey-" I started but someone came to my rescue.

"Harvey how could you! Don't you remember they broke up. No one and I mean no one goes to any kind of dance with their ex." Peyton shouted at Harvey as I just gave a half smile.

"Oops? I mean I thought since they are on good terms and they always go together-" Harvey tried.

Then all of a sudden the door opened and James stood there, "ohh looks like we have company tonight!" Harvey remarked looking at me while he wiggled his eyebrows.

I just rolled my eyes cause I really had no strength to wack him.

"Hey!" James said to all of us.

"Hi" we replied .

"Umm you guys can talk I need to take April downstairs" Peyton mummered.

"Why?!?" Harvey asked precariously.

"Ummm.. " Peyton started, still thinking for the perfect excuse, "Girl problems" .

Even though James smirked immediately after that it took Harvey some time to understand and once he realized he cringed and stuck his tongue out, well that's typical Harvey Russo.

So Peyton and I walked downstairs, "so?" She started the conversation.

"What do you mean so?"

"Why is he here?"