Chapter 21: Maybe..

The greater the obstacle, the more the glory overcoming it.

--Nelson Mandela.

**********

Chapter 21 : Maybe..

Listen to the song Summer Forever by Megan Nicole.

*******

Blank! You could describe yesterday's homecoming events in that one word.

Last thing I remember clearly was James bumping the door right into me. Then of course there were bits and pieces of me and James talking... Did I forgive him? I'll take that as a maybe. I do remember some of his explanation.

I groaned as my head hit the cool surface of the round coffee table at our usual hangout, 'Lauren's coffee house'.

"Wake up sleepy head, you have a lot of talking to do!" Scarlet exclaimed as she shook the life out of me.

"Come on S let me sleep!" I groaned.
Currently Scarlet and I were waiting for Peyton to show up as everyone else bailed on coffee, but of course I couldn't cause come on it's coffee, heaven's only beverage available on earth.

"Okay, but the minute Peyton gets here you explain to me why were you sprawled across James' back and leaving without informing us!" she announced.

I rolled my eyes as a waitress gets me my coffee. "Thanks'' I reply trying my best to give at least a faint smile.

As I take a sip of the hot liquid. "Ah!" I shout.

"Burned your tongue? Again?'' Scarlet rolls her eyes, "Will that ever get old?" she chuckles at my expense as I kicked her leg.

That's when we hear the bell ring and Peyton enters rather frantically.

"What took you so long?" I asked.
"I had to run back home get a change out of that dress, then I had to explain to mom where I was that night.. I was at your place if anyone asks" she said pointing to me.

"Don't worry your mom called today early in the morning waking me up from a blissful sleep, I told her you were brushing your teeth. Oh and congrats on winning homecoming queen this year, I know you'll win next year too!" I said.

"Thanks" she said catching my hand.

"Were you listening too or was I the only one who heard that she spent the night at someone else's house?" Scarlet asked staring at me.

"Yes, where did you spend the night?" I asked stunned.

"At a friends" she muttered and stared at the ground.

"She spent the night with a guy!" Scarlet shouted making everyone sitting near us to stare up in disgust.

"Who was it? Please don't say Harvey!" Scarlet said wide eyed.

"It wasn't Harv. I know who it was!'' I announced smirking as I remembered Peyton and Jasper S. in the courtyard last night.

"No you don't!" she exclaimed, if the girl actually blushed she would be red as a tomato but lucky for her there was hardly any blood supply to her cheeks.

"Actually, I have a confession to make, I saw you yesterday in the courtyard making out with-" I was abruptly intervened by Peyton's hand on my mouth shutting me up before I could say anything more.

I tried to push her hand but this girl was too strong for her own good.

"Peyt tell me, tell me, tell me please" Scarlet said making a puppy dogs face.