Chapter 29: Empty

Taking a risk always seems easier with you around.

--Anonymous.

********

Chapter 29: Empty

Listen to the song Different Way by DJ Snake ft. Lauve

******

"As usual you're going to get both of us late!" Jasper annoyed me while I put on a light tinge of blush infront of my full length mirror.

"No! I'm just stalling so that you don't have to face dad downstairs, considering he's leaving in five minutes" I tried to reason out.

"Sure, that's why his car left the driveway half an hour ago" Jasper replied sarcastically as he fell flat on my bed.

"Okay I'll admit, I need time. Just give me two minutes!" I said rushing to put on my shoes.

"Hey since I walked here, can we use the jeep, it's time I felt the wind in my hair" he asked.

"You have a bike" I pointed out.

"I also have a helmet, ever heard of those?" he asked sarcastically.

"Whatever, but what happened to your black convertible?" I asked suspiciously.

"I needed a bike if I wanted to street race in Clearwater, the town I stayed in" he stated in an obvious tone, "and so I sold the convertible and bought that baby I get to school everyday!" he exclaimed like a kid who just saw a box full of candy.

"I still can't believe you used to street race" I announced laughing.

"Well trust me sis you earn big bucks on the streets, and I was known as the best for a reason" he said raising an eyebrow.

"Pfft.. Like I believe that load of rubbish" I answered even though I knew he was pretty capable of it.

"You believe in everything I do," he said taking a hold of my hand as he pulled me out of my room.

"Want anything to eat?" he asked.

"No" I replied cause honestly I could feel the extra weight in my tummy already.

"I'll get you a granola bar or something" Jasper said going to the mini kitchen down the corridor.

"I don't want one thank you" I answered as I felt my stomach hurt.

"Fine but I do!" he answered.

After munching down his granola bar, Jasper and I walked into the garage where we sat in the jeep and drove to school.

The drive there was shorter than normal, at least for me. We spent the time on small talk about how he's been and why the hell he thought of getting blue eyes when green are way better!

Yesterday, I didn't sleep. But not like the nights before, yesterday night I didn't sleep because I was over the moon and before that I was at the pit of the earth.

Basically I was over excited that my brother was finally home but there were times I'd catch myself thinking about James and what he'd have to say if he knew Jasper was finally back for good.

"I got Biology with you first period! So I can keep an eye on you" Jasper said casually as I rolled my eyes.

"Bro!" Dean came and the two of them did that wired bro hug.
"Come up with any good lie's yet?" Dean asked.