Chapter 18: Past $part1$

Whether you suceed or fail, it's important that you did your best.

--Anonymous.

********

Chapter 18: Past $part1$

Listen to the song Why by Sabrina Carpenter

****

It was about 4:15pm and I still had no idea how to sum up how James was there for me when I was breaking. He probably didn't even know what hurt me so bad, but he stayed anyways.

We settled down in my room and James is staring out of the window while, I am staring at..... Well I'm starting at him.

The kiss we almost had kept replaying in my mind. Finally James turned my way and the minute he did I tried to look away but he had already caught me staring. Our gaze held like that for a few seconds.

"Umm.... You feeling better?" James asked breaking the ice.

"Yeah" I say in an audible whisper, "thanks by the way and I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time, but sincerely thanks"

"For what exactly?" James asked with a small smile.

"For being there when no one else was. I really needed you back there and you were helped me out" I replied.

"You're one tough cookie Kit-Kat, you'd survive without me" James said as he walked towards me. I just chuckled in response.

Reaching up to me he held out his hand and helped me up, "I want to show you something" he said.

"Ummm....okay?" I said completely quizzical.

"C'mon" he said as we walked out of me room.

"Wait where?" I asked unsure.

"Just trust me" he assures before taking my hand and pulling me along with him.

Five minutes later I was in his car driving to the outskirts of our side of town. The drive was quiet, I was thankful that James hadn't brought up the topic on lunch up yet.

All he did was comfort me and made sure I was feeling better. He honestly was a true gentleman which kind of surprised me.

Finally the car started climbing a hill, the radio was on so naturally I began to hum the song and as usual my humming turned into singing, "You like the light coming through the window, I sleep late so I just keep them all closed. You ignore the music on the radio, I don't I sing along" I sang.

What?! It's not my fault Sabrina Carpenter has good taste.

"You really do like singing right?" James asked chuckling. I smiled shyly. "You should make a career out of it, APRIL MCKENZIE LIVE!" James continued trying to embarrass me.

"To be honest I dream of doing that, but that would spoil the whole point of trying to live a peaceful life away from the paparazzi and media" I answered honestly.

"True... But Kit-Kat you can't run away from your past. I learnt that at a very young age" James said.

"Point to be noted... But I wish everyone knew that" my voice dropped at the end of the sentence. "Anyways.... Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"It's a surprise!" James announced smirking. " James.... Are you kidnapping me and murdering me in the darkest part of this forest?" I asked.

"Well if I was kidnapping you, you would have been tied up and secondly I'd do worse than murder" he said winking. My face heats up in realisation and I give a hard wack on his back.