Chapter 36: Makeup

Even if everyone says that you don't stand a chance, don't give up on your dreams.

--Anonymous

*********

Chapter 36: Makeup

Listen to the song Issues by Julia Michaels.

*********

I honestly could kill a person who gets in the way of me and my sleep.

But what does the sun do? It does exactly that! It rises the demon from the inside me!

I groan as I scrunch my nose and rub my eyes.

"Rise and Shine, the doctor's going to be here any minute!" I hear Samantha's voice announce.

"Please, more time" I groaned and pulled a pillow into my face.

"C'mon you've been sleeping for over 12 hours it's already nine!" she spoke up.

"But the bed is so comfy and warm" I groan and pull the covers over my head.

"That's it! I tried to tell you nicely, but now you leave me no choice!" I hear her proclaim.

The next thing I knew my covers were snatched away and I was being tickled to death! No exaggeration there! I was laughing so hard.

"Had enough or do you want more?" she asked wickedly.

"Okay!" I said through my laughter, "S-stop please!" I asked.

Finally she stopped tickling me and I opened my eyes and sat up on the bed.

"What did you tell Gina you needed the doctor for?" I asked hoping she didn't tell Gina the truth.

"I told her we had to make sure Manuelo didn't hurt you too bad or rape you, she bought it but I spoke to the doctor about the test too" she stated.

"Rape" I shuddered, "Could you pass me something to wear?" I asked her.

She passed me a pair of jeans and a a t-shirt. I grabbed it from her and got changed in the bathroom.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face I tied my hair into a messy bun and walked out of the bedroom.

A man with a white coat was talking to Samantha and Gina.
Assuming he was the doctor I walked ahead.

"Oh April! Meet Dr.Rogers!" Gina announced and I shook the doctors hand unsurely. Gina left the room soon after.

"Am I late?" I hear a voice ask breathlessly from the open room door.

"No actually, but if you don't mind I would like only the parents or parent to be present here" Dr.Rogers stated causing me to mentally face palm myself.

"Sure" Samantha said clutching my head reassuringly as she left the room and James entered scratching his neck.

"You must be the father?" Dr.Rogers asked.

"James Darwin Doc! But you tell me if I'm going to be a father" James chuckled along with the doctor as I rolled my eyes and sat on my bed.

After conducting a few tests and taking a sonogram Dr.Rogers said he'll be back with the results in about an hour or so.

As the door shut the awkwardness between James and I began.

"April, umm I need you to know that what I did yesterday was wrong and that I was thinking more about myself than about you, and I was being selfish and I'm sorry I didn't know what was going on with me, I really am sorry" he said sincerely.