I'm Gone

That was it, I was gone. Money was dead and I was gone. I always knew i was going to leave this game, that's why I saved up all the money i could for this day. But as I stared out the grey hound window heading for New Jersey, it was a bitter sweet moment for me. Bitter because Money killed diamond, and sweet because i was getting out of this business like i always wanted.

I decided I was going to forget everything and everyone from my past life, everyone. It was time for a new person to submerge, a new flower grow in this old dirt even though I was only twenty years old.

I thought about what I was going to do for a job, where was I going to live? I didn't dare want to go to a shelter, for what? I already decided I was a new person, I would accept nothing but the best for myself.

Ill stay at a motel, I saved about two thousand, it should last me about three months or more. As the bus made its way towards the bus station, I seen a small stripper joint, the neon lights were off but three cars were in the parking area.

I made my way passed the other passengers, eager to get to the strip club as fast as I could, I didn't want to miss the owner if he was up in there.

The sound of my suit case bumping against the side walk cracks caught my attention, I cant walk up in there like that. But I didn't want to just put it anywhere, my money was in there. I decided to just take it with me, fuck it.

Before I could knock on the big double doors, the door flew open.

"Fuck you want", a big strong black dude asked. He wore all black 'Security' white letters read across his broad chest, and he was cock eyed like a muthfucka. Despite his crippled eyes, he looked like he didn't play no games, and I needed this job.

"Hi, my name is Tiffany", I lied knowing damn well my legal name is Ada, "I was wondering if your hiring", I tried my best to sound sweet and polite.

He grumbled something under his breath and told me to hold on, he closed the door and left me in the warm June sun.

Smoothing out my white tee shirt, I looked at the tinted windows of the joint and tried my best to smooth out my baby hairs of my thin pony tail, I seriously needed to get my hair back in good health like it use to be before I became a hooker.

The big door swung back open and the security dude with the lazy eye stepped aside to let me in. He snatched my suit case and I damn near flipped out.

"No, that's mine", i tried to get it back.

"Well take yo shit and get the fuck up outta here then", despite his lazy eye, I could tell the dude was as serious as a heart attack. Damn, I just hope he don't find my money that I carefully hid.

I looked at the suit case and stood were I stand, satisfied, the security dude patted me down, then told me to follow him.

We walked through another set of doors, the smell of jasmine invited me and calmed my nerves. The main floor of the stripper joint was huge, I never seen a room so big. There were chairs and tables everywhere neatly together, a older man and woman were at the wet bar vacuuming. The wet bar was just as huge with a variety of every kind of liquor you could think of. Everything was black, the chairs, the marvel floors, even the cups.

Two men sat near the stage which was even longer than the wet bar. Their were a total of seven stripper poles and they were black as well. The men didn't even look up from their conversation until we approached.

"Tiffany, Mr. Work", he gestured to the man on the left, "hes the owner. Co-owner, Ice", which was the man in his right.

Mr. Work was wearing all black, his car cargo shorts, his all black Nike sneakers, his wife beater, to his thick chain around his neck. "Just call me Work", he reached of for my hand and I gratefully took it. He was the handsomest thing i ever saw in a long time. All the johns i had were ugly as fuck or as old as dirt. But this dude was like an angel. His short hair was wavy and cut to perfection, his teeth were perfectly straight, i could tell even though he didn't smile. His brown skin was so smooth looking and tasty my mouth was watering, damn why he so fine?