Bye Summer

Devin was still sleep next to me, snoring in my ear with his arms and legs wrapped around me. I stayed like this for a little while, realizing this is the first dude I ever had sex with in a good while. This was the very first time I ever cuddled with anyone, my first time actually sleeping besides a man. I was so use to them just walking away after they got what they wanted, shit it was alright with me at that time.

I really didn't want to get up, I wanted this feeling to last as long as possibly. But I had moves to make, I have to transfer my college credits, sign the lease for my new apartment, apply for jobs, check on Summer. I tried scooting over but Devin woke. "I'm surprised your up. You had me up all night", I blushed at the memories of us having sex all night till the break of dawn.

"I have things to do", I puked my arm from his head and tries to get out of bed, only for him to pull me back.

"What if I don't want you to".

"Boy you better move", I mushed him in the face and tried to get up again.

"You ain't going nowhere", Devin grabbed my feet and started tickling them. That sent me into a frenzy, I was in a fit of laughter.

"Please, please", my laughter finally died down as he stopped tickling, that was the most fun I had in a long time. "I have to go sign a lease for my new apartment and all this other crap".

Devin looked down at his hands and back at me, "I have to go pick up Feather, you riding? Or taking the subway home?".

"Who's Feather?", even though I known Devin for three days, I was a bit jealous. Don't tell me he's going to pull a Cleveland move on me and get a girlfriend out of nowhere.

"Feather is my four year old daughter", Devin grinned at me like he knew I was jealous. I must wear my emotions on my face. "No need to be jealous".

"Shut up", I smacked his head with his goose feathered pillow. "You better recognize who your talking to".

"Oh really", Devin grin was wide and he jumped on top of me, pinning me in place. I squirmed under his weight but he was not letting up.

"Get up!", He started sucking on my neck and I could feel the blood pooling in that one spot on my neck. "No, come on don't. Please Devin". I was begging and had no shame. The Hickey felt good but I knew it would look ugly later on. When Summer wake up from her coma, she would clown the shit outta me. I have to remember to get a phone and take a picture for her.

"Better recognize who you talking to", Devin said under his breath. He allowed me to roam free as I please.

"I'm riding with you. I don't know how to take a subway". I started dressing, I been in my panties and bra all morning.

"Alright, well I'm going to shower", and he did. I was so tempted to jump in the shower with him but decided not to.

_________________________________

It's been a month since Summer was in the car accident, she was still in a coma but everybody still had hope. I would go to her room everyday for an hour and tell her about my day, what's new in my life.

"I'm seeing somebody now", I was besides Summers bed holding her hands in mine. "He's your nurse, Devin. I didn't get to tell you but I fucked him in the club that night". I took a few breath, focusing my thoughts somewhere else and not on the crash, or the news story. "Anyway, he's amazing. He has a daughter name Feather, she's gorgeous. I know you probably like 'look at you playing step mommy'. I feel like she's my own". I bit my lip and looked down at our two hands together. "And yes I'm still in school. I know you say it's a waste of time but it's something I need to do. Oh, and I got my new apartment. Girl the shit is so dope, way better than the one Work set me up in".

A light knock came to the door, "Ada?" That was Summer's brother. "I didn't expect to see you here. Can I talk to you?".

"Sure", I placed Summers hand gently back on the bed and kissed her forehead good bye.

"What's up Emilio?", his father was by his side, his face wet with fresh tears. That's when I noticed the dry tear tracks running from Emilio eyes to his cheeks. "Where's your mom?"

Emilio eyes were puppy dog sad, he grabbed both of my hands in his and gave them a squeezed. "Mami went home back to Italy yesterday. Me and my father have a late flight back today".

I snatched my hands back, why would they leave Summer knowing she would be waking any day now? "How are you going to leave Summer here? She would hate you when she wakes", I cut my eyes at him.

Emilio bit down on his bottom lip, his father began to cry suddenly in his big hands. "She's not waking up Ada, Summer is brain dead".

"Don't Fucking lie to me", I slapped the shit outta Emilio. He looked at me stunned. "She will wake". My eyes began to blur with tears.

"No Ada, she's gone. My parents gave the hospital permission to pull the plug".

_________________________________

A/N: Awe, R.IP Summer ): I hope ya didn't forget about Jade and Icy, they will be making an appearance soon soon soon. Like real soon, 2-3 more chapters and this story will end.