Recovery

Ada

"Oh shit Work, she's up", Summer brushed her fingers over my forehead like she was checking if I had a fever. I could hear, I could see. I could breath. Instead of thanking lucky stars that I knew weren't there, I thanked God. Somebody was really trynna take me out of here, but who could it be?

Doctors and nurses filled my room but my mind was on other things. Who the Fuck was so mad at me that they tried to kill me? My eyes widened at the thought of money coming back from the dead. Nah, this medicine they put in my I.V got me trippin on the real. The other girls I use to hoe with? Nah I didn't have beef with any of them. Jade? Nah she not that stupid, plus Cleveland and I are only friends. Thinking about this shit made my head hurt.

"Hey", Work smiled down at me looking like the angel he was. He brushed his thumb across my lips and gave me a friendly peck on my cheek. Well, that was a disappointment. I couldn't tell you how many nights I planned on him and I being together.

"Hey"  I answered back weakly.

"Bitch I thought you were a goner. You didn't hear me calling you when you dropped your phone? Good thing you didn't hang up, otherwise I wouldn't have known or been able to call the police", Summer looked concerned, that's my girl.

"I had no idea you were still on the phone. I thought you were still getting cum squirted in your eyeballs", I tried to make joke of the situation at hand.

Summer giggled. "Girl please", Work looked at summer like she was crazy. I see what she was doing, she was trying to play it off.

I looked over my body which didn't have any patches anywhere thank God. I could get back to work as soon as possible. But do I really want to go back to work? Somebody who tried to kill me was still on the loose.

"Who got me out?", I asked Sumner.

"I heard a fire fighter say your neighbor found you passed out in the kitchen, he covered you in a thick wool blanket and moved you out. You better give him some booty for saving your life". Only Summer.

"Girl please", I had to roll my eyes at that. "How does my house look?".

"Your whole living room is done, but your room is fine. I don't think none of your clothes were touched", Cleveland said.

"What the hell am I going to do now? I don't want to spend any of my money, I need it for my business", the brim of my eyes stared to swell up with tears. This shit could not be happening, and at the worst Fucking time.

"You can start with me", Summer offered.

"So I can hear you Fucking all the time? I think not", Summer gotta chill.

"Or you can stay with me". I looked at Cleveland like he was crazy. Stay with him and Jade? Nah.

"I'm good, I don't need Jade all in my business".

"Jade doesn't live with me anymore, she moved out the day you started working for me". I looked up at him then, really? Was this happening?

"I don't want to be a bother", bitch stop, this is your chance to show him your interested. Even Summer gave me the stank eye like I was crazy, Damn. If he offered again I'll Damn sure accept in a heart beat.

"I insist", YES!

"Of course she will. I'll drop her off when they discharge her from the hospital", Summer spoke up for me. Oh Damn, I wonder what's going to come out of this.

_________________________________

After the police harassed me, Summer drove me to Works house, not apartment, but house. That shit was dope too, both of our mouths hung open like we was waiting for dick to enter.