Chapter 5

Johnny-

After I saw Gloria getting thrown into the fuzz's car I quickly left the shopping centre and headed to the Curtis's to explain what happened. I opened the door and was greeted by the gang "Gloria got thrown in the cooler..." I said quietly pulling at my jacket sleeve "why? Spill.." two-bit said excitedly
" me and gloria went out get some food -" I was cut off by steve "already went out on a date, You move quick" I felt my cheeks turned red "no- it was nothing like that... just as friends" I noticed Dally had some bruises and cuts on his face. He must of got them from the fight with Gloria "Got these from that bitch" He said everyone was now facing Dally. "Who Gloria?" Soda asked "buck kicked her out after her and Dally had a fight" I answered still looking at Dally "How do you know?" Dally questioned in a low tone this made me a little uncomfortable "she told me when she met me at the lot we both ended sleeping there" I said shyly my cheeks burning red "Johnny have you been bleeding?" Ponyboy said pointing to my forehead I raised my hand to where he was pointing there was a cut "I must of gotten cut when the man practically threw me across the room " I said remembering back to the fight suddenly Dally stood up and strutted over to me "Who,What happened!" He practically shouted in my face. I began explaining how we were both sitting in a café in the shopping and then a man was shouting greaser, saying how I shouldn't be there him throwing me across room and Gloria standing up for me, then I described the fight in as much detail as possible then finishing the story when she was shoved into the fuzz's car "she really did all that?" Darry asked I nodded it was all true "What happened between you and Gloria Dally " Darry asked Dally began telling the story when they got in about her parents, him going out drinking till four an and bringing a girl back,  Gloria shouting at them to shut up and how Dally and the other girl started making fun of Gloria, criticising her appearance then Dally said how he went too far saying something insensitive about her parents and then he described the fight how he almost had a blade plunged  into him and buck kicking her out.

The room was quiet everyone soaking up the stories then the phone went soda got up to get it "Don't just let it go to voicemail " Darry said pulling soda back down onto couch. The phone rang a couple more times before it beeped to voicemail it was Gloria she must of been allowed to make a phone call "hey, had a feeling no one was gonna pick up " theres was a grunt which sounded like she was in pain "well turns out I'm only gonna be here for a week maybe more they wont let me have any medical treatment I think Ive got a few cracked ribs and I think my hands fractured. How's Johnny, Kid alright? Urgh as much as I hate apologies... Tell that asshole- tell Dallas I'm sorry for trying to put a blade through his thick skull" there was another grunt "anyway how's the rest? Ponyboy you better be doing well in school, Dally and soda don't overwork yourselves , Two-bit still being the prankster? And Stev-" she was cut of by shouting " HEY YOU TIMES UP BACK TO YA CELL!" Probably one of the fuzz " yea I am just let me finish" " WHAT WAS THAT?! YOU SPEAKING BACK HOOD?" The fuzz continued shouting "Hey whats the ba-" Gloria went speak but instead let out a scream then swearing you could hear the sound of the baton or whatever he was using to beat her with this went on for a couple more seconds Gloria Shouting and cussing then it was quiet "the phones still on" another voice said "yea but no one answered, who wants speak to this piece of trash. Nobody probably cares what happens to her" the original voice said you could hear Gloria groaning in pain "shut up white trash" second voice said him a crack was heard then a string of curses from Gloria "You motherfucker you broke my nose!" "back to your cell" then the phone went voicemail ended. tension and panic was in the air "what the fuck!" Ponyboy suddenly stood up shouting "we have to bail her out they'll end up beating her death" he continued " pony we don't have the money" darry said sternly "what so you gonna let her die in a cell for protecting Johnny!" pony shouted "She'll pay your back... she has money on her" I said darry looked at me "she does, She some rich kid then?" Dally spoke up venom in his voice "no she doesn't use it only in emergency it was her parents..." I said meekly hoping Gloria didn't mind "yea she'll pay you back " pony said quickly Darry let out a sigh "fine lets go" putting on his coat everyone in gang except Dally stood up "you coming dal?" I asked he didn't say anything just ignored me "you're coming like it or not " Steve said pulling dally up "get off me" dally sneered.