Chapter 9

When I woke up I was still on the couch with a blanket I could hear someone cooking in the kitchen. Slowly sitting up What time is it? " About time you got up" Pony said heading into the kitchen " Glorrrriaaaa!" Soda shouted jumping on the couch beside me I was still half asleep " you look a mess" He said " thanks for that tin-can man" I said going into the kitchen soda followed as well.

We were sat at the table Darry did an excellent job on breakfast " pony you need work on your grades they're now at C and I want A's " Darry said taking a bite out of toast Pony sighed " it ain't easy Darry I cant help it if I don't know some stuff" pony snapped back " Well if you study harder instead of daydreaming you'd know wouldn't you?" Darry shouted they began arguing I looked at soda he was looking down at his food his grin gone replaced with a frown he looked like he about cry or burst " SHUT IT THE BOTH OF YOU!" I shouted standing up knocking my chair down they both went quiet and looked at me " don't say that to my bro-" I cut darry off " brother?! Look at the both you arguing over grades! You're supposed be supportive and do you two think how this affects soda when you fight? NO now shut up " I screamed I grabbed soda dragging him into the room he shared with pony and locked the door " thanks..." he said looking down he covered his face with his hands as he started crying and sobbing his heart out " I hate it when they fight ... they always make me pick sides and I love both of them and I can't pick... " I rubbed his back rocking him " Go on let it all out its good for you " I whispered he continued crying and talking about how much he hated the arguing , fighting and how darry changed after their parents died saying how darry couldn't go to college cause they didn't have enough money and how stress darry is . Then went on talking about a girl " Sandy, I loved her so much I thought she did too I mean I wanted marry her ... but-but she moved no letters or anything she just moved with her parents " he said his voice now husky from all the crying " Well she's lost the best thing that ever happened to her " I said trying cheer him up he just smiled " Heh thanks" he let out a chuckle we sat for at least an hour talking about out ex's " Lucas was perfect to me I mean yea he was a lot of trouble and all but I loved him ya know?" I said inhaling the smoke from my cancer stick Soda nodded " we were gonna get married just like you and sandy... but I wasn't 16 yet and Lucas died " soda wrapped an arm around my shoulder " yea the nurse at the hospital told the gang when we took you in" he said taking my cancer stick off me taking a few puffs from it " oh. What else did she say" I said leaning my head on his soda " just about Lucas " he said handing me back a nearly done Cancer stick " heeyy look how much you smoked!" I whined holding it up to him " oops.. oh look at the time hey I've gotta go work now" he smiled getting up from the bed " thanks Gloria" he said opening the door and leaving.
I sat there for a couple more minutes taking in everything soda said I headed into the living room no one was in guess darry already left for woke and pony at school I decided now be good time go get ready.
After spending an hour getting ready I decided just wear something plain I left my hair down I was wearing a red crop top with some black cuffed jeans with my leather jacket and black combat boots . I looked in the mirror one last time my cuts were already healed I had a scar just missing my right eye  my lips looked fine a little swollen though.
I left the house heading to the DX I roughly knew where it was it was a few blocks away, As I walked down the street there were a few greasers standing about some looked suspicious other completely friendly the greasers girls were caked in make-up and wore tight clothing some didn't wear as much makeup I rarely wore makeup.
I had to stop and ask where the Dx was so I walked up to a small group of greasers one smiled " what can I get you doll?" I smiled " do you know where the Dx is?" One of the girls rolled their eyes " why? You don't have a car? You gonna go see that cutie sodapop?" She said sounding annoyed " yea ... he's a friend gotta a problem?" I said looking at her she squinted her eyes " of course I do every girl gotta a crush on him and he's your 'friend'" she said air quoting friend " The Dx keep going straight then turn on first left" the first greaser said I thanked him and started heading to the Dx.